New Member Canea

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

bessusww
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

New Member Canea

Post by bessusww »

New To Pothos..

I thought I would Ask for Opinions viewpoints regarding Hannibal in Relation to comparisons as a Military Commander with Alexander...Especially his brilliant Win Over the Romans at Canea or was it that Brilliant?

Now im pretty emphatic about Alexander as an all round Military tactician and General...In would we agree all areas of Military thought...Many So called Schollars even try give the edge to Hannibal?

Its fair to say basically Hanniball drew the mass lets say over confident masses of Romans into a box fainting a retreat.After Hannibals well trained Cavarly Chased away the Roman peacock cavalry off into the hills opening the chance for Hannibals cavalry to lets way stick it to the Romans at the rear?

Now alexander battle formations never were cunoform nor as easy to read as a steamrolling Roman Legion.Nor would the Macedonian Cavalry have been chased off.

Its pair to say Hanniball relied on badly Lead legions by incompetent Leaders and very much doubt Him falling for deliberate fall back ruses.

Among all the Commanders of history and the demonstration of Ceasar at Allesi in my opinion makes Julius Caeasr about the only Commander I wouldnt say catagorically Alexander could beat.