Discuss the culture of Alexander's world and his image in art

Moderator: pothos moderators

system1988
Hetairos (companion)

H.H (Holding Hands)

Post by system1988 »

I couldn't resist sending this

http://www.lifo.gr/now/culture/86639

2 skeletal remains of 2 couples (I don't know about their sexes) with their hands holding (7th- 6th BC). Other skeletal remains being tied with their hands behind their backs.

The location is the same as the one I had previously posted about prisoners' remains being found in chains still.

I take advantage of small oportunities such as this in order to post as this ability (to post) won't be available to me in the near future.

Best

Pauline
Πάντες άνθρωποι του ειδέναι ορέγονται φύσει
hiphys
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: H.H (Holding Hands)

Post by hiphys »

A touching scene, really! Thanks for posting!
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

system1988 wrote:I take advantage of small oportunities such as this in order to post as this ability (to post) won't be available to me in the near future.
Does this mean we will be losing you on Pothos. Please say it isn't so!

Best Regards,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
system1988
Hetairos (companion)

Post by system1988 »

amyntoros wrote:
system1988 wrote:I take advantage of small oportunities such as this in order to post as this ability (to post) won't be available to me in the near future.
Does this mean we will be losing you on Pothos. Please say it isn't so!

Best Regards,
Thank you for the warmth your words imply.

What I mean to describe is not a permanent situation but a drastic decrease in the frequency with which I will be posting from now on. As my son, who is managing my posts, will be leaving for a german university with a scholarship, he won't be available as much as I would want him to in order to keep helping me reach you in time and in quality.

Best regards

Pauline
Xenophon
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Xenophon »

I must add my regrets to those of Amyntoros, Pauline :(

Your posts are always a delight, and shed light on matters that would not ordinarily surface. Is it translation to English that is the problem, or technical aspects such as posting photos to the Forum that you need help with, or both, or neither ?

I am sure there are many members here, including me, who would be only too glad to assist in any way possible....... :D
system1988
Hetairos (companion)

Post by system1988 »

Xenophon wrote:I must add my regrets to those of Amyntoros, Pauline :(

Your posts are always a delight, and shed light on matters that would not ordinarily surface. Is it translation to English that is the problem, or technical aspects such as posting photos to the Forum that you need help with, or both, or neither ?

I am sure there are many members here, including me, who would be only too glad to assist in any way possible....... :D
Yes, it's a joyous mixture of all the above, problems with my english, great gaps in internet knowledge, all cheerfully preventing me from actually posting as I wish, convey the messages I need and generally deliver posts worth reading (they already suffer as they are delivered crudly- without proper analyzing).

Apart from all that, I thank you so much for your post.
delos13
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by delos13 »

Pauline, I also want to add that I enjoy your posts tremendously. And though I can't translate from Greek to English, I will happily post anything in your name if you just email it to me.
system1988
Hetairos (companion)

Post by system1988 »

delos13 wrote:Pauline, I also want to add that I enjoy your posts tremendously. And though I can't translate from Greek to English, I will happily post anything in your name if you just email it to me.
What you suggest would be great but I am afraid is not doable. Thank you so much for offering nevertheless. Again, the change is not me not posting anything anymore but a drastic decrease of my posts in general. In the meantime, I will be reading your wonderful posts.