The Iliad, Alex and Hephaestion.

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

marcus
Somatophylax

Re: The Iliad, Alex and Hephaestion.

Post by marcus »

Hi Dean,I fully endorse your recommendation of "The Song of Troy". I thoroughly enjoyed it and I thought McCulloch managed to give a really good feel to the period.Have you read her "MAsters of Rome" series? Only 5 of the projected 6 books have been published so far and all I can say is that they are amongst the best historical novels I have ever read.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
dean
Hetairos (companion)

Post by dean »

Hello Marcus, I was pleased to receive your message. I obviously have some reading to do as I have read none of the books in the Masters Of Rome Series and I love the authoress. By the way- the other week I read your article about Philotas- which I found to be a concise, clear and excellent article about the man-
Best Regards, Dean.
carpe diem
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Hi Dean,Thanks for your feedback on Philotas - always appreciated.I'm hoping to put up something on Callisthenes this week, and I trust it will come up to the same standard.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK