Kurios pases tes oikoumenes

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

Kyanos Tavros

Kurios pases tes oikoumenes

Post by Kyanos Tavros »

Ho Megas Alexandros zei kai basileuei kai ton kosmon kurieuei!
Federico

Re: Kurios pases tes oikoumenes

Post by Federico »

I like these greek messages, needed more of them! "Master of all the inhabited world!" "Alexander reigns and masters the chosmos". Are you greek? Su Hellen ei? Eg+¦ ex Ital+¼as erchomai. I write you in ancient greek 'cause I ignore modern one. The next posting in Latin.
Alalai, heta+¼re!
Federico
Help

Post by Help »

He is not Greek. This forum has seen him before and I was glad when he was gone. He claimed that he was of Vlach descent and from around epiros way. He is probably the same person as the post 15 subjects down (maybe he is some other "recently" arrived fanatics as well) ie Alexander is Greek is God syndrome.
Usenet is full of his types and they do and say stupid things when someone point out that Alexander was Macedonian and not Greek.
Federico

Post by Federico »

Thanks, I'll be careful! I also hate fanatics.
Federico
Pavlos_Melas

Post by Pavlos_Melas »

Don't forget something my friend. Greece was not a unified nation until the 19th century. During antiquity there were distinctions made as to which of the states or 'nations' one was from. Just because ATG was a Macedonian does not mean the Macedonians were not a Greek tribe (albeit the 'hillbillies of their day). So let's not get on the kick of exploiting ancient national rivalries with racial ones.
Kyanos Tavros

Pros Italon Federico

Post by Kyanos Tavros »

Ten aletheian boulomai gar legein, Hellen eimi psuche te kai pneumati. Ho/he de 'Help' kinaidos esti.
Federico

Re: Pros Kyanon

Post by Federico »

Ou oida osous syniontas ton paronton tous hemeterous logous.
Federico

Re: Pros Kyanon

Post by Federico »

Ou oida osous syniontas ton paronton tous hemeterous logous.