Hello everybody

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

Atikk

Hello everybody

Post by Atikk »

Hello everybody. My name is Atikk and I am originally from Pakistan. I was very young when I read a illustrated book on Alexander the Great. I was enthralled by the pictures of magnficient Alexander on his horse Bucephalous. I knew he had conquered "India" but only later as a young adult did I find out it was actually the Indus Valley in modern day Pakistan that he had marched through. I come from a small village in the hills north of Taxila which I found had been city he had visited on his quest east.

It's my ambition to cover his entire route through Pakistan. I have done the northern ( I would say about 1/3 ) of his route. From Khyber Pass east to Taxila (near Islamabad) on to Hydaspes (modern Jhelum) and Sangala which possibly is Lahore.I have then driven down south to Multan or Mallian as in Arrian's work. I intend to cover the rest when get time. When I do I might upload my pictures of the journey.

Oh I have tried to cover his route through Swat and Chitral area but I need more detailed information to make precise route. I know that area very well though. Anyway I hope top learen and perhaps share some thoughts on this great man who conquered my ancestors and brought in to the Hellenic "known world".

Regards.
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Re: Hello everybody

Post by Alexias »

Hi Atikk, that sounds fascinating and I'd love to see some photos. Pothos isn't really designed to host photos. If you upload them to Pothos you are limited to 3 per post, so you would be better to upload them to somewhere like Photobucket or Flickr and then post a link to them. I wouldn't recommend posting them to Facebook because Facebook won't let people look at them unless they have a Facebook account and are logged in.