Visit to Vergina

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

delos13
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Visit to Vergina

Post by delos13 »

Hello all,

A few weeks after my return from Greece, I am delighted to share with you my pictures and impressions from my visit to Vergina. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Below is the link to my page on FB or you can simply search for "Modern Geography of Ancient Greece" page.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Modern-Geog ... e_internal
Jeanne Reames

Re: Visit to Vergina

Post by Jeanne Reames »

Hi, Delos. Thank you for posting the link to this. I'm enjoying going through the images!
----
Dr. Jeanne Reames
Director, Ancient Mediterranean Studies
Graduate Studies Chair
University of Nebraska, Omaha
287 ASH; 6001 Dodge Street
Omaha NE 68182
http://jeannereames.net/cv.html
delos13

Re: Visit to Vergina

Post by delos13 »

Jeanne Reames wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:03 pm Hi, Delos. Thank you for posting the link to this. I'm enjoying going through the images!
Thank you. This time I fell in love with Vergina, despite all the drawbacks of restriction in taking photos. Though many love Pella better, Vegina's current advantage is that most of the finds are from time of Philip and Alexander or immediately afterwards, whereas what we currently can see in Pella is all post Philip/Alexander & Roman; same can be said about Naoussa's tombs and theatre though Aristoteles' school in Mieza is also from Philip/Alexander times.