FILIP,ALEXADNER,FALANGA,PELAGON,DRAGOR...MAKEDONIA

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

panos
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: Refreshing your memory part 2-HELP, SOMBODY HELP ME!

Post by panos »

VaskoThanks for the prompt response. Comments:"First of all, as you are saying Dorians are more Makedonians tahn Hellens, and that is maybe true, so we are looking for common ground and respect, becouse with some of Hellens we are deeply connected. "??????????????
I am not saying anything like that!!!!!!"Those from north are SLOVENS, from SLOVO means letter from alfabet/ azbuka. First letters from even before glagolica,(glos=glas means sound, so this signs were for different sounds, that is why name glagolica,), ancient Makedonian alfabet were az, buki, vedi, therefore name azbuka i.e. alphabet! Becouse people from nth. were given alfabet, SLOVO, letters, they were SLOVENI, OSLOVENI, educated. Makedonians were SLAVNI=SLAVA=GLORY, GREATNESS, ALEXANDER THE GREAT, SLAVEN/VELIK. It is about one letter with huge difference! We have namedays, i.e. SLAVI, not SLOVI, SLOVO is letter, SLAVA is GREAT DAY, NAME DAY or simular.... "Respect to you for all the info but there is no response to my question "if the alphabet was discovered by the people of north as you state, shouldn't it be named slovo-sth instead of alphabet from the two first letters of the Greek alphabet?"
In the worst of the cases it should be named azbuki-azbuket. Shouldn't it?It is a good thing to know that Alexander the Great was Sloven....How about the term "slavs"?????? you said that it was because Macedonians were enslaved to the romans.... now we get another meaning! wow!!!Regards
Panos
Con

Question

Post by Con »

I don't mean to cause trouble but is "The Light 7000" one person or a group? The writing style varies as much as the command of english..
Bill Giannakoa

Re: vasko?

Post by Bill Giannakoa »

How can you know so little about Greeks?Ilet you know that Alexander was born in pella which is a greek city and that Spartians and Makedonians are the same.Search a little in Arrian and you will find tha albanians were a persian tribe brought by macedonians in the place called Albania now.Iam Makedonian.