More press activity for Pothos

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

marcus
Somatophylax

More press activity for Pothos

Post by marcus »

Hi All,In another thread I mentioned that I got a copy of "History Today" at the weekend, which has the article by Chugg on the burial place of Alexander.There's another article in the magazine, by Paul Cartledge ("Mr Sparta"), who's bringing out a book on Alexander later this year (surprise, surprise).At the end of Cartledge's article there's the usual list of 'books to read', and he adds a couple of useful websites - including our dear Pothos.So well done to Thomas, again, for starting this all off, and long may it continue!All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
xxx

Re: More press activity for Pothos

Post by xxx »

I hope this upcoming book Cartledge is writing is a whole lot better than the chapter he wrote in his last book which was pretty bad.
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Hi Tre,Ooh, which chapter in which book was that?His article in "History Today" was certainly not badly written. I also don't recall having any issues with *what* he wrote - on the other hand, it was only a brief overview with a bit of a "what sort of man was he?" leaning.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
xxx

Post by xxx »

He did a book on the history of the Greeks that was a companion book to the TV series.
davej
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by davej »

I had look at that book when it came out. It was written for general consumption to go along with a TV series. What else would you expect. I was more disapointed by his last book on Sparta. Oh my god. Don't waste your time if you are a scholar. I should have known better. He goes so far as to change the name of the Peloponnesian War to the "Athenian War"??????????? I only got through two chapter before putting it down in disgust. I only read the secoind because my wife bought it for me a gift.