pothos.co.uk - does anyone use it (as opposed to pothos.org)

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Thomas
Site Admin

pothos.co.uk - does anyone use it (as opposed to pothos.org)

Post by Thomas »

It is a year since the debacle of pothos.co.uk being de-registered, and pothos.org taking over as the domain for this site.
pothos.co.uk is now up for renewal - it will cost -ú15 for two years. I am not planning to renew the domain and we will stick with pothos.org for the site.
If anyone feels strongly about this, then feel free to send me the -ú15 using the paypal link and I will renew with pleasure!
Thomas
P.S. Sorry for the long absence (again). Upheaval in my life (I've resigned and am returning to teaching) and work pressure mean that I have revised my ideas about what to do with the site. I aim to move the forum to a new (more robust) format eventually, but that may take a year. For now, I have movd everything to the archive forum and hopefully that will speed this one up. The forum database is now 3% the size it was earlier today.
smittysmitty
Hetairos (companion)

Re: pothos.co.uk - does anyone use it (as opposed to pothos.

Post by smittysmitty »

Hi Thomas,is it possible to access the archive forum?, from time to time I like to refer to some old posts, not sure if thats possible any longer. Where is the archive forum? LoL, sorry if this sound s like a dumb question :)cheers!
smittysmitty
Hetairos (companion)

Post by smittysmitty »

sorry! found it!It was a dumb question after all :(
yiannis
Hetairos (companion)

Post by yiannis »

I'm actually using http://thomaswp.brinkster.net/But I've also bookmarked pothos.org
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

Yes, that one I do not control and works fine - it is a pointer to the same web site and I asked people to use it during the pothos.co.uk debacle a year ago.
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

Judging by the lack of response, I am going to let pothos.co.uk die.
nick
Somatophylax

RIP

Post by nick »

Rest in peace, pothos.co.uk...As I recall, this was the original URL that attracted people to this very website in the early days. So it feels sad to say goodbye. But the Orgs have taken over. For reasons of efficiency, it is a sound decision to let pothos.co.uk die.Nick