I apoloogise

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

iskander_32

I apoloogise

Post by iskander_32 »

Folks I must apologise for my English and my shortfalls with spelling etc.Unfortunately I was brought up in a very poor family and couldnt really go to a proper school with high education,, So I make do with my inferior intellect and writing skills.I guess my meaning is understood,,, And hopefully my intelligence will be equal to you all.regardskenny
jona
Hetairos (companion)

Re: I apoloogise

Post by jona »

No need to apologize; at least you speak the language and know its colloquialisms. Your English will always be more natural than that of many others over here.Jona
S

Post by S »

Greetings Kenny,> I must apologise for my English and my shortfalls with spelling etc. Unfortunately I was brought up in a very poor family and couldnt really go to a proper school with high education,, So I make do with my inferior intellect and writing skills.
I guess my meaning is understood,,, And hopefully my intelligence will be equal to you all. I must apologise for my English and my shortfalls with spelling etc. Unfortunately I was brought up in a very poor family and couldnt really go to a proper school with high education,, So I make do with my inferior intellect and writing skills.
I guess my meaning is understood,,, And hopefully my intelligence will be equal to you all. I must apologise for my English and my shortfalls with spelling etc. Unfortunately I was brought up in a very poor family and couldnt really go to a proper school with high education,, So I make do with my inferior intellect and writing skills.
I guess my meaning is understood,,, And hopefully my intelligence will be equal to you all.Not to worry Kenny. I think most of us know not to assume that "well-educated" always means "intelligent".Since we have so many people on the Forum from so many lands, I think we tend to look for the "meaning" of the words rather than worry about the spelling, typing skills or grammar. You're doing fine!We've all mis-typed, misspelled or misused words-

Regards,
Sikander
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Ohh, Kenny, that is so sweet! You just could use a good teacher, huh? Jan
iskander_32

Post by iskander_32 »

Jan I hope thats an offer,,, How could I refuse.Alas its good to know inteligence not measured by his spelling or Gramma.Could anyone notice a hint of sarcasm in my origanal post.regardsKennyAn uneducated illiterate,, Who alas knows nothing.
Smiles
S

Post by S »

Greetings Kenny, >Could anyone notice a hint of sarcasm in my origanal post.Could anyone notice a hint of sarcasm in my origanal post.Could anyone notice a hint of sarcasm in my origanal post.It was noticed (smile)Regards,
Sikander
jona
Hetairos (companion)

Post by jona »

"Could anyone notice a hint of sarcasm in my origanal post."Frankly, I did not recognize your sarcasm. I believed your remark about hoping to be intelligent was sincere.Jona
rollsrite
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by rollsrite »

well i've been an alexander the great fan for a long time and have recently found this site. i was so happy to hear you talk about not being educated and not spelling etc. i was scared to death that i was the only one that loved alexander but could not really keep up with the rest of the smart people in this group. i love this site and have learned so much. and i tina, rollsrite, can only ask for mercy if i miscue. be patient, i too am a virgin with the forum, but don't know how i could make it without other people with the same interests as me. thanks for all the kindness and knowledge you'all show. yes, i am a southern gal. tina rollsrite
iskander_32

Post by iskander_32 »

Tina HiI get your drift,,, But dont underestimate yourself or feel some one more intelligent because the are more able with reading and writing..As a chef once working with university students years ago,, I came across the attitude,,, That they were well read and could spell and due to them being at university made them more intelligent.Take it from me most of these academic book worms couldnt organise or work out how to fit a 5 amp plug.Irespective of what we write and the sarcasm dished out by these high minded college boys,,, Its fare to say they get the message and know exactly what we are talking about.Such sarcasm is really cheap and unimagenitive.Tina hail and welcome to the world of us lesser or some people assume lesser mortals.Regardskenny
iskander_32

Post by iskander_32 »

Tina HiI get your drift,,, But dont underestimate yourself or feel some one more intelligent because the are more able with reading and writing..As a chef once working with university students years ago,, I came across the attitude,,, That they were well read and could spell and due to them being at university made them more intelligent.Take it from me most of these academic book worms couldnt organise or work out how to fit a 5 amp plug.Irespective of what we write and the sarcasm dished out by these high minded college boys,,, Its fare to say they get the message and know exactly what we are talking about.Such sarcasm is really cheap and unimagenitive.Tina hail and welcome to the world of us lesser or some people assume lesser mortals.Regardskenny
jona
Hetairos (companion)

Intelligence

Post by jona »

"That they were well read and could spell and due to them being at university made them more intelligent. Take it from me most of these academic book worms couldnt organise or work out how to fit a 5 amp plug."True. Many academics despise the working class, which is a pity because there's a lot of sound knowledge to be found outside the university. I had great fun when I went to the Amsterdam firemen and asked them how they would set afire a royal palace like Persepolis. Keepers at the zoo told me everything about dromedaries and camels, a self-proclaimed "witch" taught me how to poison soemeone, and someone explained me how to build a ram on a catamaran. This is why writing a book is so much fun, when you sometimes ignore the library.In my view, intelligence has nothing to do with reading and studying, but with two very simple things: (a) the willingness to admit a mistake and (b) the willingness to give arguments for a statement.As for (a), many high-brow people are getting used to always be right, so they can not admit being wrong (example: any president or prime minister). Seen from this point of view, it is a natural law that the greatest idiots rule a country and occupy the universities. Thank god, they still learn (b).Jona
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Intelligence

Post by marcus »

What's worrying is that the current government in the United Kingdom is unable to conform to (a) or (b).Well, it just sums up what I've always thought ...All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK