has the movie brought us any new members?

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

kenny
Hetairos (companion)

has the movie brought us any new members?

Post by kenny »

I look with great Satisfaction with the posts and debate through Pothos and see new names?I hope tahn even though we agree the Movie not the best, That at least it has sparked interest that people want to know about him and learn that as we know he was much more than the writers and the film make him out.Ill still watch the movie and the scenes I like. I particullally like the image of Alexander riding out in front of his troops out to the left.For any new people I would wish welcome and hope sometimes my ways dont put you off. I dont mean to be personal and upset I am very emotional with Alexander and do my best to defend him if I feel the needKenny
boris
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: has the movie brought us any new members?

Post by boris »

Although the film does raise mixed feelings amongst a lot of the community, I'm sure most of us can agree that it does have some great moments.
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

yes, and it certainly has drawn attention to Alexander and stirred up an interest from people who would have otherwise not known much about him.
People often come to me asking questions now, because they have seen the movie.
Pamela

Post by Pamela »

Hello Kenny.Thank you for the welcome; I may seem new around here but I've posted a few times in the past just not very often. I am one of those who knew very little about Alexander before the movie. I enjoyed the film and it has since led me on a journey of discovery and I have come to see that the film just barely scratched the surface on the subject of Alexander the Great. I saw it in November when it came out here in the US and have been reading as much as I can about him ever since. Don't worry about me being upset with anything you write; I tend to be a bit protective myself when discussing Alexander.Pam (funny thing I've noticed with this board - or my computer, sometimes I'm automatically logged on and sometimes not so I appear with a few different names - Pam, Pamm, and cindoo - but they're all me.
elpinice

Post by elpinice »

Rah,I became a member before I saw the movie (I think... it wasn't as a result of the movie that I became a member, anyway), but it can be hard to post as a newcomer without some kind of recognition.
Thanks for the welcome.Elpi
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

Hi Pam RegardsI hope with the movie some people do get an interest. As you say it hardly touched the surface of our guy in many ways.I dont intentionaly try to offend only my mannerisms somewhat sarcastic. However I have to say that this group has brought me some fine friends out of Pothos.Kenny