Wiki Classical Dictionary

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

jona
Hetairos (companion)

Wiki Classical Dictionary

Post by jona »

The Wiki Classical Dictionary (http://www.ancientlibrary.com/wcd/Main_Page), which contains much info on Alexander that has been written by Pothosians, is currently under attack from a bot that is slowly vandalizing the site. For the last two weeks, as one of the editors, I have been able to roll back the greatest damage and at the moment, the site is still more or less reliable, although pages are one by one getting damaged beyond repair.The owner and web-master has perfectly respectable and acceptable reasons for being unable to intervene (work, baby). This means, however, that I have to continue to repair the site, and although I am not becoming father, my time is also limited. I will continue to roll back errors in the WCD until 9 January.A backup will be made for future restoration, but there are no rescue plans at the moment, although I will contact some of the contributors to offer them to republish their articles at Livius.Org until WCD is repaired. It would be sad if well-written contrinutions will be lost.If you are a regular visitor of WCD, I strongly advise to make your own copies of your favorite pages.
Athanasios

Re: Wiki Classical Dictionary

Post by Athanasios »

Thanks for this, Jona.Shame to hear this. I often go the Wikipedia site. It really is a useful and well-liad out site.Good luck with the retoration.Regards,
Atha
Athanasios

Post by Athanasios »

Thanks for this, Jona.Shame to hear this. I often go the Wikipedia site. It really is a useful and well-liad out site.Good luck with the retoration.Regards,
Atha
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Hi Jona,Sorry I didn't reply to your earlier email, by the way.I agree that this might be the best thing to do. It's such a shame that someone sees fit to vandalise such a site (I would use a stronger word than "bot", myself).By all means put my contributions onto Livius - I'd be delighted to have my work maintained somewhere! I shall also copy my favourites ...ATBMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Hi Jona,Sorry I didn't reply to your earlier email, by the way.I agree that this might be the best thing to do. It's such a shame that someone sees fit to vandalise such a site (I would use a stronger word than "bot", myself).By all means put my contributions onto Livius - I'd be delighted to have my work maintained somewhere! I shall also copy my favourites ...ATBMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK