The thickness of the side bar...

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

amyntoros
Somatophylax

The look of the forum

Post by amyntoros »

Does anyone else but me wish that the sidebar was a teeny bit narrower? I really understand the necessity for it and it's about time the donate button was more visible on the forum, but I'd have liked a wider area for the posts.

I don't mean to seem like a trouble-maker as I was the one who complained when the page was too wide :!: however, when Pothosians make a long post - as we are wont to do - I think they are harder to follow now. OTH, maybe it's still the "old slippers" effect. I did like it on the old forum when one could expand the page and have a whole post visible. I know it's not possible on this format, especially as it allows for even longer posts, but I'd love to see just a bit more area devoted to the posts themselves.

Thomas, please don't think you have to address this. Am just airing my thoughts. :)

All the best,

Amyntoros
Thomas
Site Admin

Re: The look of the forum

Post by Thomas »

amyntoros wrote:Does anyone else but me wish that the sidebar was a teeny bit narrower?
I'd be interested in two things:
  1. Others' opinions;
  2. Which screen resolution you use on your PC? I am guessing 800 x 600?
I have thinned it out a little though AND made the table fill the whole screen. Subtle but I hope it helps. Another benefit of this forum is the ease of changing things. :D

Moving this to a thread all of its own...
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Re: The look of the forum

Post by amyntoros »

webmaster wrote:I have thinned it out a little though AND made the table fill the whole screen. Subtle but I hope it helps. Another benefit of this forum is the ease of changing things. :D
It may be a small change, but yes, I can see a difference and it does help Thank you again. :) And yes again, I am on 800 by 600 pixels - I keep forgetting that people using a screen with more pixels will see more type per line and probably won't have any problem with the format.