Deletions and Reminders

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

sikander
Somatophylax

Deletions and Reminders

Post by sikander »

Greetings Pothosians,

As a moderator, I have taken it upon myself to remove several of the posts from the Alexander movie thread.. I realise this will raise some iire but will explain my reasoning for doing so.

First, as discussed long ago when we first began moderating this site, we felt it was a valuable resource for students and, as such, we felt it was important to bear in mind that we wanted to retain availability to libraries and schools. This required that memebrs keep in mind that many flawed censorship programs exist and that, without careful discussion, Pothos would be blocked. We have been able to date to remain accessible by schools and libraries even with discussions of the cultural sexual behaviours in Alexander's time *because* members learned to focus on the ancient world and its culture and mores rather than go off on tangents into personal or modern views.

I am requesting memebrs bear this in mind and refrain from discussing personal modern views, for or against, orientation issues, on this public forum and move such personal discussions to private email if they feel it worth doing.

Second, we have an international reputation for respectful discussion, even when we disagree, that has remained solid *because* we all work at it. On occasion, tempers flare and that is to be expected.. but it is important that we quickly restrain our impulses to attack, and get back onto an even keel..

I am requesting that members bear respect and courtesy in mnd when posting; if you are angry, wait a few minutes, preview your post and examine whether it feels like an attack or how it adds to the discussion.

If anyone has an issue with my decision, you can email me privately in care of philoalexandros@hotmail.com, with Attn: Sikander in the subject header.. I will happily listen to arguments as to why I should not have deleted a post if you can show how the post addresses Alexander, his companions, events in the ancient world, the ancient world in general, or the particular topic at hand *as it relates to the Alexander movie*.

Regards,
Sikander
Beatriki
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

You are my hero

Post by Beatriki »

The only ones who would disagree with your decission are those that have caused the arguement. I applaud you, as well as the immense majority, for being brave, and doing the right thing without thinking of the consequences, which for me, are good. I requested other moderators to delete this and since you've done it, thank you again.

Kisses, Beatriki