The Scheme of Thais

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

Cyrus

The Scheme of Thais

Post by Cyrus »

(Please don't delete it again, I think it is interesting to know how Iranian Mullahs try to connect the time of Alexander and ancient Persians with the modern times for increasing anti-American sentiment among Iranians whenas Mullahs themselves deny the existence of any Persian civilization before Islam!)Thais was a Greek courtesan who joined Alexander on his campaign, and, according to one story, persuaded him to set fire to Persepolis. The Iranian Revolutionary Guard's song shows the Statue of Liberty as Thais. The following are excerpts:The accursed Macedonian courtesan, in a nocturnal attack of wine and fireAt the dawn of rage and blood - The scheme of Thais.That promiscuous saint of Athens And her temple in NiceA she-demon measuring slightly less than 320 feet And 6 inches, In her hand a torch and on her head a crown, plundered from the kingdom of Persia.Perhaps she was expelled from Paris a year or two agoAnd abandoned on the red waves of Atlantis - The scheme of Thais.There she is, the unique symbol of freedomThat temptress by the banks of the Sea of FreedomThe scheme of ThaisThe scheme of Thais,That accursed paramour of AlexanderThe scheme of the cry of women seeking a mate at the mouth of the portThe scheme of Thais and the torch.A scheme of plunderA scheme of rage to burn Mandana and FarvaharAnd even the candlestick unto dust.A scheme of freedom despite a life of slaveryA scheme of heresy and polytheismA scheme of humanism that brags of its birth in the arts.A scheme of the final invasion of man's faithA scheme of Thais, bearer of the torch,A scheme of Satan,A she-demon that remains on the waves of Atlantis,The scheme of Thais.That which you see is neither Babylon nor Athens. It is Attica.Even more so, it is Attica of Greece, haughty Babylon, America.America is the enemy of God's Unity and an affront to God.America is a mad demon; for the moment she slumbers, in chains.She is the shadow of the tyrant, the Anti-Christ. She is not dead.And now, in the end of days, in our days of iron, she is plotting a great conspiracy.O men of the seven continents, awake! awake! Light the pure flames to destroy the serpents;This impure octopus with seven heads is always boastingAnd its dark lies cause the eyes to cry without ceaseIt must be killed - that would be a mercyOr else each man must be on his guard against the
JMarks

Re: The Scheme of Thais

Post by JMarks »

Wow, please delete this thread. It has no place on this forum. It has nothing to do with Alexander, and only fans the flames of hate.
xxx

Post by xxx »

Cyrus, I fail to see what this adds to the Forum. It's just a bunch of organized religious crap used to justify the politics of hatred with a so-so thread of history in it. Same kinda crap used to justify war in ancient times, but they had better writers.Regards,Tre
kate
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by kate »

And it's not even accurate! Thais was Ptolemy's mistress, not Alexander's.Cheers,Kate
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

Tre Kate hail.I feel although this statement opportunist propoganda,, Please dont delete I think the more the merrier with this stuff.I feel society ignore propoganda,,, Its better to hit hit head on counter prove the points and put it in its box,,, Im sure Alexander had answers for propoganda.The more like minded pewople who can argue this and destroy its credibility,,, Is taking ammunition away from those who use it to brainwash and gret misled followers to do what these mouthpieces wont do themselves.
When did Osama and his eik strap tnt or explosives and pay the ultimate price?The answer is never these people are just filled with hate maybe as a result of been spoilt or disgruntled. Propoganda is no real andwer,,, we should stand against it anytime not burry our heads and try to reeducate the sheep theese lunatics are trying to sheer for there own murderous and private agenda.Eventually people with good hearts see through it.Sorry for such a long threat but It has to do with Alexander as he would meet this head on with logical rhetoric and reasoning. If not then he would hunt out these people and none would stand and fight,theres is the cowards way.
Kenny
canto
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by canto »

Hi Cyrus,I can't say that I understand why some Iranians so closely equate Alexander and America. I know we derived a lot of things from the arts of Greece but didn't every culture? His decision to burn Persepolis for whatever the reason, maybe he was without his reasoning abilities when he did it, was a tragic mistake. This is an area of Alexander history that has always been unsettling to me.I have never had the pure hatred for other people of different nations that it seems the people of the middle east have for me, though they don't know me, I guess I would only be one more offspring of the demon.I have always felt that there are good and bad in every nation upon the face of the earth. No matter what name one gives to God, who they call out to, they should know that to gather people together like pigs for the slaunder because they have the perception that these are all 'bad' people are conmitting a sin under God, not just an American god but their god as well.Its all a shame. All of it, the way things are. I don't always get the man I voted for in office. Many things I don't understand. I'm not good with words or know what words can really express the way I feel. If I stood right now in front of anti-American Iranians, what would they do to me. It wouldn't matter if I have a good heart, that love means more to me than anything else, that I come from a small town and I am shamefully ignorant of knowing details of political situations.I am a small thing, but what would they do to me?Hate is a nasty thing, isn't it?I never had any preset thoughts or feelings when I was around Iranians in college, only interest because I didn't know them or of their life in another part of the world. I thought their eyes were pretty, so dark and bright. Now if I look into the eyes of a group of Iranians I will wonder, and a kind of fear like an undercurrent of a stream moves in me. Do they hate me? Am I an American pig to them?Its a shame the way things are.