Oliver Stone's Alexander Movie

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Tre

Oliver Stone's Alexander Movie

Post by Tre »

Greetings Companions!Oliver Stone has got the go ahead to begin filming his movie as Warner Bros. has provided additional financing to the $100 million plus epic and acquired US distribution rights - it may start filming before that other Alexander flick based on Manfredi's books. The race is on!
thalestris

Re: Oliver Stone's Alexander Movie

Post by thalestris »

And the race is on for quality actors who will seriously assume the characteristics of the individuals in ATG's life to portray them credibly; credibility is very necessary, and, hopefully, the cast will not be Hollywood actors, but preferably, foreign and aspiring.
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

I have to agree to a large extent with your comment about the actors. I'm afraid my English prejudice (and with apologies to all non-English Pothos-ites) makes it very hard for me to suspend my disbelief with historical films where all the actors speak with strong American accents - apart from the obvious exceptions, of course, such as The Patriot!But, having said that, I'll still watch the film!All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Linda
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Linda »

Oliver Stone is planning to have Colin Farrell as Alexander, I think. DOn't know about the rest...
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

I'm glad he's doing a different script than the Manfredi one. Stone generally produces good movies.
Did you mean Colin Firth as Alexander? Now he'd be a good one!
achilles

Post by achilles »

Colin Farrell is said to be Stone's Alexander. Leonardo di Caprio as Alexander and Nicole Kidman as Olympia in Luhrmann's movie (the one based in Manfredi's books)Go to http://countingdown.com/movies/alexander for more information