book written by Alexander the Great.

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

abaconw

book written by Alexander the Great.

Post by abaconw »

In a discussion with someone regarding a trivia question, the question came up of what the name was of the book written by Alexander the Greek. I vagually remember something about him writing one but now it bugs me that I can't remember the title. Do any of you know that and can you help me with this?
susan
Somatophylax

Re: book written by Alexander the Great.

Post by susan »

Alexander did not write any books. There were no particularly famous books written about him either.Susan
susa

Post by susa »

May this be the 'diaries of Alexander'? I heard about these some time ago.susa
THE LIGHT 7000

Post by THE LIGHT 7000 »

Dear Friends,
... Absolutelly there is no book written by Alexander, however there is a book written by his biographer- authentic one, but due some "interests" of "unknown" there are two versions of same, like one will say...the truth is between two lies...The book is about Alexander and his glorious path from Macedonia to North sea, and from there by sea back to Macedonia, apparently via Gilbartar... Later in the book there are some pages about his path trough Nrth. Africa, even description about island far away (apparently in Atlantic ?!), where people use to live "haeven live style", so it looks like vision or ... Than again there are pages about his path in Asia and back, ending with words ...that he had travel all around the world and The Universe (!?). Knowing that planet Earth was described in Gilgamesh and again by God Vishna ...like blue ball..., like we know her today, one have to have open mind about every posibilities... Dream and/or reality, or something between... The light 7000
agamemnon

Post by agamemnon »

There aren't any such book unfortunately.
agesilaos
Strategos (general)

Post by agesilaos »

These are the Ephemerides which can be translated as diaries but is often called the Journal, it was Written by Eumenes the King's secretary and contained very little of note as is demonstrated by the fragments that survive in Arrian and Plutarch; all concerning the final days and not entirely synoptic.Hammond however believed them to be a detailed daily account of everything, presumably including talking snakes as he has it that Ptolemy used them to write his History; tosh.
When you think about, it free-choice is the only possible option.