FILIP,ALEXADNER,FALANGA,PELAGON,DRAGOR...MAKEDONIA

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

THE LIGHT 7000

Re: beausefaless-vasko!!!

Post by THE LIGHT 7000 »

Hi my dear friend,... Thanks, you are completly right, but if there are no people like Alexander, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed,, or somone like them, who are folloing their LONGIN FOR BETTER WORLD, ... I was told by mnay,... that world will stop! So my friend, you are completly right, but there must be somone who will do this part of job now, ... and with patients the world will be better place for all, sooner or later...One drop in the ocean is nothing, but after awhile far away on the shores one could withess huge waves, and we are the waves this or that way..With respect- The Light 7000
jorgios
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Vasko

Post by jorgios »

i am sorry to tell you, but i dont see the comparison between Christ, Buddha, Mohammed etc, at least not in the way you mention.Alexander was a conqueror; he killed mercilessly and brought a lot of suffering to the peoples he subjected. How was this a greater ideal? His great ideal to him was that he was a God.
THE LIGHT 7000

Re:Yorgius- Vasko

Post by THE LIGHT 7000 »

Dear Friend,
... I can understund your position, but to make some statments like yours, therefore to enter a dialogue/debate about somthing, one must to have knowledge of many things, not only those proposed by some from yesterday. What this means!? Well, again, you should know that not Alexander, not Jesus, not Buddha, nor Mohammed thought that one day they will be in the middle of the "soul" of the mankind. So all of them use to live their earthly life the way they lived. Peoples, afterwords, started to make them what are spouse to be today. This or that way, they deserved respect becouse of tracing the path for humans, with the vision of better world. Eg., Jesus was not so well known like He is today until His ressurection! How, and why it happened, it is big veil of mistery, but everything is posible, so that is why religions are good, apart of their teachings how to practice good moral healthy life, more with the fact, because of their conservatism, they are keeping original teaching untouched, so one day humans could open it in right way, in right time, for benefit of all, all so called misteries. So Jesus become "famous" later, He was not doing His noble mission for glory, it was UNCONDITIONAL! This word, unfortunately is becoming misteriously secret for humans! So after His crucifiction and ressurection, He was "famous". That is why He was known KRSTOS/CHRISTOS, after crucifiction not before, even there were prediction about Him, (but even today there are some predictions about one, and there are messiah's on every corner, but who is the one, ... Well, for that, future will tell us according to deeds and unconditional work for mankind in general, if any such person existed/existing now on Earth, KRST=CROSS, KRSTOS= MAN ON CROSS in Makedonian).
So re: your question, you can see that is very complex to answer and that will lead to many other things, like was/is book "PREDICTIONS OF ALEXANDER THE GREAT", His own predictions about this world, and they are so precise that you will have "headaches" while reading them! To have some of these kind of predictions, one must be divine, lets say "different" from others, and to understund it, one again must b e "different" in some way, or/and very educated, spetially today, one have to have great knowledge from science/subathomic physics/quantum physics- electrodinamics, general knowledge of science, as well to know something about almost all religions, theophylosophical/ hermetical- mystical systems etc., s
THE LIGHT 7000

Re: Re:Yorgius- Vasko-cont.

Post by THE LIGHT 7000 »

cont.So re: your question, you can see that is very complex to answer and that will lead to many other things, like was/is book "PREDICTIONS OF ALEXANDER THE GREAT", His own predictions about this world, and they are so precise that you will have "headaches" while reading them! To have some of these kind of predictions, one must be divine, lets say "different" from others, and to understund it, one again must b e "different" in some way, or/and very educated, spetially today, one have to have great knowledge from science/subathomic physics/quantum physics- electrodinamics, general knowledge of science, as well to know something about almost all religions, theophylosophical/ hermetical- mystical systems etc., so could speak and understund dialoque about topics, otherwise it will be almost nothing, (like if you are astronaut and I am farmer, so what could I understund of presented speach from you about, let's say OK= Universe and black holes i.e. singularity..absolutelly nothing, wasting of time)... So again, thankyou for expressing your comment, we are here to disscus and to learn from each other, therefore to build mutual respect
...The Light 7000
jorgios

christos

Post by jorgios »

you said "KRST=CROSS, KRSTOS= MAN ON CROSS in Makedonian)"Incorrect. Kristos, comes from the Greek to be annointed. Hence, annointed one. Christ was annointed. The Antiochians began referring to this radical sect of Jews as "kristos" as a greek mimicking the Hebrew Messiah, hebrew for ANNOINTED ONE.ANNOINTED ONE IN HEBREW= MESSIAHANNOINTED ONE IN GREEK= CHRISTOS.JESUS CHRISTOS.
THE LIGHT 7000

Re: christos

Post by THE LIGHT 7000 »

Excellent my friend Yorgios, see how we can learn from each other...Christos ...that is meaning in Hebrew and Greek, so He was predicted, but as I said Krstos means directly Man on Krst/Cross, Krstosan= Crucified, so it is showing particular person who was on Cross for some reason and is like label to Him. (Makedonian language is direkt so no one could manipulate things with explanation about meaning of it, like in some other languages,). So, now you can see by your self that going into one topic is instatly opening oneother, and if person is not knwledgable enough, it will lead to arguments with angriness and abusivness, so that was my explanation all about. This way we are teaching/ learning each other in friendly manner...
With kind respect The Light 7000
Demi

Re: Christos-Krstos

Post by Demi »

Hi, For me, more reasonable and acceptable is the explanation of Dr. Vasko. Isus was crucified and that's why he was called Issus Christos (or Krstos). Thanks for your explanation.
Regards
Demi

Re: cont.Re:DEMI,- FILIP,ALEXADNER,FALANGA,PELAGON,DRAGOR...

Post by Demi »

No further comment. Thank you so much for your explanation.
Best regards.
jorgios

kristos

Post by jorgios »

well it may seem more reasonable to you, but dont take my word for it; take the word of the Roman Catholic Church.http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08374x.htmThe word Christ, Christos, the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word Messias, means "anointed." According to the Old Law, priests (Exodus 29:29; Leviticus 4:3), kings (I Kings 10:1; 24:7), and prophets (Isaias 61:1) were supposed to be anointed for their respective offices; now, the Christ, or the Messias, combined this threefold dignity in His Person. It is not surprising, therefore, that for centuries the Jews had referred to their expected Deliverer as "the Anointed"; perhaps this designation alludes to Isaias 61:1, and Daniel 9:24-26, or even to Psalms 2:2; 19:7; 44:8. Thus the term Christ or Messias was a title rather than a proper name: "Non proprium nomen est, sed nuncupatio potestatis et regni", says Lactantius (Inst. Div., IV, vii). The Evangelists recognize the same truth; excepting Matthew 1:1, 18; Mark 1:1; John 1:17; 17:3; 9:22; Mark 9:40; Luke 2:11; 22:2, the word Christ is always preceded by the article. Only after the Resurrection did the title gradually pass into a proper name, and the expression Jesus Christ or Christ Jesus became only one designation. But at this stage the Greeks and Romans understood little or nothing about the import of the word anointed; to them it did not convey any sacred conception. Hence they substituted Chrestus, or "excellent", for Christians or "anointed", and Chrestians instead of "Christians." There may be an allusion to this practice in I Peter 2:3; hoti chrestos ho kyrios, which is rendered "that the Lord is sweet." Justin Martyr (Apol., I, 4), Clement of Alexandria (Strom., II, iv, 18), Tertullian (Adv. Gentes, II), and Lactantius (Int. Div., IV, vii, 5), as well as St. Jerome (In Gal., V, 22), are acquainted with the pagan substitution of Chrestes for Christus, and are careful to explain the new term in a favourable sense.It may also be useful to know, that the name Jesus is the Hellenized version of the Hebrew name Joshua.
Thanks to Alexander's spread of the Greek Koine language all over the middle east, the New Testament was written in Koine, or as it has come to be known now New Testament Greek.
THE LIGHT 7000

Re: kristos

Post by THE LIGHT 7000 »

Dear friend,.... simplicity is the best... from there everything is clear..., that is why simbolism is in everything, and that is why Makedonian alfabet is most symple therefore advanced...! Once you start digging you might loose yourself in your own contradiction... Put this in very simple way, you are saying that Jesus was annointed, so Christor/Kristos means that, and after crucifiction he was known to be Christos! That is all about, Krstos/ Kristos means man on KRST(KRS)/CROSS, litrally. So befeore, even predicted, He was not known. If He was known, and as you are saying He was anointed i.e. famous, so there is absolutely no logic in anything. So it is vice versa, He was on Cross, and after resurection He was known as KRSTOS, only HE, no one else!...

Ono other thing is word "Greek", if not for some kind of provocation, (and if this is the case is very low and cheap..., selfdiscriminatori), so how is possible now, when Greece is found as a nation state sth. of Olymp 1832, how is possible my friend to talk about New Testament Greek, the biggest paradox of mankind. How is possible one to find the name Greece in New testament when Greece was found 2000 y.later, and everyone knows that St. Paul/Pavle, went to makedonia, Athens and Corinth, no Greece. This is absolutly nothing to do with Greek pride or anything like that, symply is not true. For that kind of falsificats, misinterpretations etc., we are debating now, for over nothing! How can one sleep with saying this, even knows that Hellens, sth. from Mt. olymp become Christians in 6 c.a.d., by force, by Yustiniyan (Yutin=Vistin, Truthfull in Makedonia), born in Tavor near Skopje, R. Of Makedonia, founder of Yustiniyana/Justinijana Prima et Secunda, codificator of "Roman"-Europian Law, still in use in Europe, and somohow second Alexander! In his time, Christianity was official religion from Irland to China, yes my friend, and you will be very suprised when you learn that from 6 to 11 c.ad. Christianity was official religion of China, and was known as RELIGION OF LIGHT, RELIGION THAT WAS UNIFYING ALL OTHER RELIGIONS, WITH SYMBOL, GUESS WHAT, LOTUS WITH RADIATING/SUN LIKE CROSS! Very impressive. This was my logo for more than 15 years, and still is, not knowing about it, and sudenly stiking effect "JESUS SUTRAS", book, by Martin Palmer, BBC commentator, SUTRA=UTRA=TOMORROW, JESUS TOMOROW !!!...Impresive, God's way's are not known to us..., so better stay away from manipulating things, it could be boo
THE LIGHT 7000

Re: kristos-cont

Post by THE LIGHT 7000 »

!
cont-
How can one sleep with saying this, even knows that Hellens, sth. from Mt. olymp become Christians in 6 c.a.d., by force, by Yustiniyan (Yutin=Vistin, Truthfull in Makedonia), born in Tavor near Skopje, R. Of Makedonia, founder of Yustiniyana/Justinijana Prima et Secunda, codificator of "Roman"-Europian Law, still in use in Europe, and somohow second Alexander! In his time, Christianity was official religion from Irland to China, yes my friend, and you will be very suprised when you learn that from 6 to 11 c.ad. Christianity was official religion of China, and was known as RELIGION OF LIGHT, RELIGION THAT WAS UNIFYING ALL OTHER RELIGIONS, WITH SYMBOL, GUESS WHAT, LOTUS WITH RADIATING/SUN LIKE CROSS! Very impressive. This was my logo for more than 15 years, and still is, not knowing about it, and sudenly stiking effect "JESUS SUTRAS", book, by Martin Palmer, BBC commentator, SUTRA=UTRA=TOMORROW, JESUS TOMOROW !!!...Impresive, God's way's are not known to us..., so better stay away from manipulating things, it could be boomerang...The author was contacted by me, for some misinterpretation, like yours now, but somhow "disapeared", i.e. was "untuchable" for some reasons, after my e-mail....So truth is what we need my friend, and standing firm by it is hard, but one must do that kind of job, it is pricless, it is liberating, like now... I fell FREE...
All the best The Light 7000
jorgios

Re: kristos-cont

Post by jorgios »

i am sorry. you go off on tangents sometimes and i dont know what you are getting at or what you are talking about. this is one of those times.in any case, if you think you are right about the kristos thing, you are in the minority. this is the opinion of the roman catholic, orthodox, and even protestant churches. it is well known that messiah means "annointed" in hebrew. jesus was the messiah. greeks in the roman empire translated "messiah" to their native language, and it became Christos. Christos is literally the greek translation of hebrew messiah and english "one who is annointed". Does this make any sense? it does not mean cross. jesus was not a cross. jesus, according to Christian belief died upon a cross, because he was the annointed one, the messiah, the christos; (in the koine-greek language of the macedonians). furthermore, in modern orthodox religious ceremony the "chrismation" of a baby is done. this is a ANOINTING in water. chrismation=annointing. get it? not everything can be explained in terms of "makedonia".
panos

Re: FILIP,ALEXADNER,FALANGA,PELAGON,DRAGOR...MAKEDONIA

Post by panos »

Hey VaskoHow r u? Still no responce to my mail...... I am just asking to do step by step debate on our knowledge so that all people in this forum can benefit and see the light. I mean you still didn't respond to importand threads like :
Comment on Enlightement attempt by Panos on Tuesday, 16th September 2003 and relevant postsRe: What did GÇ£being GÇÿGreekGÇÖGÇ¥ mean in Ancient GÇ£GreeceGÇ¥? by Alex K. (GÇÿPerseusGÇÖ) on 11th October 2003The debate about the Spanish Zeus. Respect, regards, peace and love
Panos.P.S. you cannot complain for the writing of the word falanga as phalnx since in the title of the thread you started you have similar abreviations (Filip and Alexadner (?))
yiannis
Hetairos (companion)

Post by yiannis »

Cyril and Methodius, Saints

(mth-¦ds) (KEY) , d. 869 and 884, respectively, Greek missionaries, brothers, called Apostles to the Slavs and fathers of Slavonic literature. Their history and influence are obscured by conflicting legends. After working among the Khazars, they were sent (863) from Constantinople by Patriarch Photius to Moravia. This was at the invitation of Prince Rostislav, who sought missionaries able to preach in the Slavonic vernacular and thereby check German influence in Moravia. Their immediate success aroused the hostility of the German rulers and ecclesiastics. Candidates from among their converts were refused ordination, and their use of the vernacular in the liturgy was severely criticized. According to one source, when Photius was excommunicated by Rome the brothers were called there. Their orthodoxy was established, and the use of Slavonic in the liturgy was approved. Cyril died while in Rome, but Methodius, consecrated by the pope, returned to Moravia and was made archbishop of Sirmium. Despite the papal sanction the Germans contrived to have him imprisoned, and, though released two years later, his effectiveness appears to have been blocked. His last years were spent translating the Bible and ecclesiastical books into Slavonic. His influence in Moravia was wiped out after his death but was carried to Bulgaria, Serbia, and Russia, where the southern Slavonic of Cyril and Methodius is still the liturgical language of both Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches. The Cyrillic alphabet used in those countries today, traditionally ascribed to St. Cyril, was probably the work of his followers. It was based probably by Cyril himself upon the glagolithic alphabet, which is still used by certain Croatian and Montenegrin Catholics. Feast: July 7. 1
See R. L. Wilken, Judaism and the Early Christian Mind (1971).
http://www.bartleby.com/65/cy/CyrilNMe.htmlAncient Greek
By the 16th cent. B.C., Greek-speaking people were established in Greece, probably having come as invaders from the north. In antiquity there were a number of dialects of the Greek language, the most important of which were Aeolic, Arcadian, Attic, Cyprian, Doric, and Ionic. Ancient Greek was prevalent in the Balkan peninsula, the Greek islands, W Asia Minor, S Italy, and Sicily. Because of the political and cultural importance of Athens in the classical period of Greek history, the Athenian dialect, Attic, became dominant. From Attic there developed an idio
yiannis
Hetairos (companion)

Post by yiannis »

Ancient Greek
By the 16th cent. B.C., Greek-speaking people were established in Greece, probably having come as invaders from the north. In antiquity there were a number of dialects of the Greek language, the most important of which were Aeolic, Arcadian, Attic, Cyprian, Doric, and Ionic. Ancient Greek was prevalent in the Balkan peninsula, the Greek islands, W Asia Minor, S Italy, and Sicily. Because of the political and cultural importance of Athens in the classical period of Greek history, the Athenian dialect, Attic, became dominant. From Attic there developed an idiom called the koin, which means GÇ£commonGÇ¥ or GÇ£common to all the peopleGÇ¥ and which became a standard form of Ancient Greek. 2
After Alexander the Great spread Helenism around the known world the koine developed into an international language that remained current in the central and E Mediterranean regions and in parts of Asia Minor and Africa for many centuries. Most of the New Testament was written in the koine, which helped to gain a wide audience for Christianity. Byzantine Greek, based on the koine, was the language of the Byzantine or East Roman Empire, which lasted from A.D. 395 until it was crushed by the Turks in 1453. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaze, spare us! Ancient Macedonian language was Greek (or at least many support that it was), Modern-day Macedonian is SLAVIC (and none believes otherwise-apart for Vasko that is)!