lol, Somebody thinks that Zulqarnain in Quran was Alexander!

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

Cyrus Shahmiri

lol, Somebody thinks that Zulqarnain in Quran was Alexander!

Post by Cyrus Shahmiri »

http://www.understanding-islam.com/rq/q-028.htmIt is intresting that westerners want to interpret Quran for us(Muslims)!
susa

Don't be annoyed :)

Post by susa »

CyrusDo you really care about what westeners think about things? I never do. We westeners are basically trying to give names to everything... It is not important, not at all. Don't be annoyed. I think this 'two-horned' thing comes from the Ammon representation in Egypt - this deity had horns [plz correct me if i'm wrong]. So this may be the reason why there's this thing about Alexander. Anyway, in the Holy Bible there's this 'two-horned' thing as well. Oh well, who cares?Best wishessusa
rick

Re: lol, Somebody thinks that Zulqarnain in Quran was Alexan

Post by rick »

Isn't most organized religion a matter of somebody trying to interpret morality for us and to decide what is the "true right way"? One of tenets that I appreciate about Islam is the one-to-one connection that exists between a person and their divine power. But it seems that as with most organized religion, there's always someone who feels compels to be the middleman. How do popes, imams, rabbis, etc. gain such power, except for the fact that people seek to conform and be a part of the crowd. There is much less risk in conformity than to internally debate issues and decide for one's self what is right and wrong.