An Iranian movie about Alexander!

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Cyrus

An Iranian movie about Alexander!

Post by Cyrus »

In response to Olvier Stone, Iranian director Kazem Soltani wants to make a movie called "Alexander of Macedon, the Great Fiction of the West" and shows the true face of Alexander! The movie will be started filming on February with cooperation of "Lovers of ancestors community".Persian sourece: http://www.chn.ir/shownews.asp?no=17554
jona
Hetairos (companion)

Re: An Iranian movie about Alexander!

Post by jona »

I can't wait to see it! I just saw another Iranian movie, "The Lizard", which I found really nice.Jona
Halil

Post by Halil »

Hello CyrusIt's a great shame that in a war-torn world troubled by a million problems greater than this, any man would waste his time (and the time and money of others) to retaliate against a movie that most of the "Western world" has deemed "trash". It's not a block-buster that everyone in the "West" is flocking to see.RegardsHalil
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

I have loved the few Iranian movies that I have seen, Children of Heaven, and another. They are always very touching and full of love. Thanks for the news.
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

hail CompanionsWe should all indeed welcome all inerpretations of our guy,,, It fair to say the iranians will have there own views and versions been on the recieving end,, They can also also interpret Alexander any way they seem fit.But one thing they cant change is that Alexander whatever they call him, creamed there empire from Asia minor to India, Undefeated onstopped and finally treated as lord of Asia so indeed they can put whatever pront they want or dress him as bad as they want,,, The statistics and histories speak for themselves.
kenny
canto
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by canto »

Hi Cyrus,Its been on my mind, what do you think the true face of Alexander is?lightofdawn