Conquerors by The Learning Channel

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

jan
Strategos (general)

Conquerors by The Learning Channel

Post by jan »

There is a special section devoted to Alexander the Great which was made for The Learning Channel. It is under the heading of Conquerors. The actor selected to play the role of Alexander is credible and enjoyable to see as he reenacts several choice scenes from the life of Alexander. It is a very cleaned up and thinly disguised look at Alexander as a superb and wonderful leader and conqueror. I hope that you will try to see it. In this version, he dies from malaria. It is an excellent introduction for those who are yet unfamiliar with the life of Alexander.
alejandro
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: Conquerors by The Learning Channel

Post by alejandro »

hello jani could not find it in the website. or you were talking about tv shows?
regardsalejandro
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

The copy I found is a recording by the television program The Learning Channel. There are four conquerors in the vhs which I rented through the public library. Napoleon and Alexander the Great are together on one cassette, and naturally Alexander is last. But it is an excellent piece of film, and probably can be obtained through The Learning Channel website. I don't promise that though as I have not checked it out. It is entitled Conquerors. And I love the actor's appearance who plays the role of Alexander. It seems that they tried to match one of the looks of the sculptor's rendition of his looks. Reminds me of the Russian iceskater, the world champion, Alexi, a bit.
Thalestris-Alexandros

Post by Thalestris-Alexandros »

Sincerely speaking, I nearly caused my jaw to lock open when I read that the actor portraying ATG resembled Alexei, the gold medalist ice skater.Intellectually speaking, thank you, Janet. I will, too, rent it via my public library! Thank you!!Thalestris,
ATG's Amazon Queen