Alexander Tatoo

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

Thalestris

Alexander Tatoo

Post by Thalestris »

Kalispera sas Philalexandros!A professional soccer player has an ATG tatoo on his arm/shoulder. I forgot his name? Does anyone know to whom I am referring? I went on several soccer internet sites and cannot find him.Efharisto!Amazon Queen
jorgios
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: Alexander Tatoo

Post by jorgios »

I know a Greek Australian tennis player has Alexander on his arm...Is this who you mean?Mark Phillippoussis stunned the tennis world at the Ford Australian Open tennis championships on 20 January 1996 when he defeated in the third round the world champion, Pete Sampras (also of Greek origin) in straight sets. Mark (nicknamed "Scud") has the reputation of hitting the tennis ball harder than anybody else in the world and served an amazing 29 aces against Sampras in his winning match. In little over a year, Mark has cut his world ranking from 304 to 32 just before his victory over Sampras. The shy nineteen year-old sensation from the outer Melbourne suburb of Williamstown has the potential to be ranked among the top five tennis players in the world. After the historic match he said, "The thing I learnt today was just that I believe in myself now, that I couid beat anyone in the world after tonight:' His coach is the American tennis guru, Nick Bollettieri. Mark's father, Nick, a former taxi driver, has trained Mark and manages his affairs.
jorgios

Post by jorgios »

http://www.hooloovoo.com/mark/gallery/c ... 99.jpgHere is a link to a pic of him and his tatoo!
Thalestris

Post by Thalestris »

Hi Jorges,That's the one! I made a mistake with the sport (silly me). I like what Mark said after his 1996 victory--how symbolic and relative to the immortal face permantly embedded in his skin.I wonder if the Amazon Queen should do the same....on her heart .Thank you very much! Muchas gracias! Efharisto!Smiling,Amazon Queen
jorgios

Post by jorgios »

Your welcome!Just out of curiosity, did that second link work? Because it was working earlier but now when i tried it it gives me an error message.In any case the link leads to a pic of him on a page that his literally every media picture of him ever taken!
Thalestris

Post by Thalestris »

Yes, I was able to go into the site by cutting off the last two sequences. The pic I printed was from the "Cleo" magazine cover. That's a good shot at the tatoo. I wonder when Mark had the tatoo done? I presume he is a fan of ATG *grin*Cheers!Amazon Queen