Excavations in Alexandria

Post by system1988 »

Πάντες άνθρωποι του ειδέναι ορέγονται φύσει
chris_taylor
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: Excavations in Alexandria

Post by chris_taylor »

thanks for posting the link!

The paper says: "Now, they have reached down to the bedrock of Alexandria, locating the first roads built in the city, as well as the foundation of an enormous public building over two hundred feet long, which she has yet to fully uncover."

my first response to anything is always scepticism: if that's true, it should be big news. So why is the Greek Reporter the only paper that picked up the story?? THere's nothing else at all on Google News about it, at least not in English.

I was in Alexandria last year, searching for the site of that dig. It was so quiet, I couldn't even find it. No people, no cars, no signs, no activity.
All men by nature desire understanding. Aristotle.
system1988
Hetairos (companion)

Post by system1988 »

There are previous posts ,photos and videos on forum that mantion the excavation of Calliope Limneos -Papacosta ,in the Salalat park of Alexandria , as well the statue of Alexander she that found there
system1988
Hetairos (companion)

Post by system1988 »

eini776

Post by eini776 »

chris_taylor wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:18 am thanks for posting the link!

The paper says: "Now, they have reached down to the bedrock of Alexandria, locating the first roads built in the city, as well as the foundation of an enormous public building over two hundred feet long, which she has yet to fully uncover."

my first response to anything is always scepticism: if that's true, it should be big news. So why is the Greek Reporter the only paper that picked up the story?? THere's nothing else at all on Google News about it, at least not in English.

I was in Alexandria last year, searching for the site of that dig. It was so quiet, I couldn't even find it. No people, no cars, no signs, no activity.
It's quite puzzling that the Greek Reporter appears to be the sole source reporting on this matter. Your personal experience in Alexandria last year, where you couldn't locate any signs of the dig or activity, adds another layer of intrigue to the situation.