Well, I'm back . . .

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

S-Oden

Well, I'm back . . .

Post by S-Oden »

It has been the proverbial month of Sundays since I've darkened the threshold of Pothos.org. But, I'm back. My foray into the world of fantasy literature didn't go as planned, so I've executed a strategic withdrawal and will hopefully be rejoining the ranks of ancient historical fiction authors. My newest project is a biographical novel about Darius III. No time frame for publication, currently, but it's coming along nicely. I'm working on a framework that's kind of like a glorified Wikipedia article, with footnotes and dates and sources. This will become a narrative storyline (by the end of April) which will go to my agent so he can begin his homework of finding a place for it. After that, I'll turn the storyline into a full-fledged synopsis/first draft, and thence into my completed work. I'm estimating about two years' work.

But, I hope to pick brains and ask questions and just hang out, in general.

Scott

(Author of the Alexander-adjacent MEMNON)
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Re: Well, I'm back . . .

Post by Alexias »

Hi Scott, welcome back. With all the changeover issues, and notifications going into my junk folder, I've only just seen this. Hope your book goes well and we'll see you around. Our ranks are sadly depleted these days!
S-Oden

Post by S-Oden »

Thanks! It warmed my heart when I searched Google, found the website, and discovered this forum was still active. The Internet can be like a ghost town, sometimes, when you go looking for the old haunts and hang-outs. Everyone's TikTokking or SnapChatting, these days :) I miss the good old days (2006 or so) when blogs ruled the Web!

Glad to be back!
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

S-Oden wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm It has been the proverbial month of Sundays since I've darkened the threshold of Pothos.org. But, I'm back.
Hi Scott,

Great to see you. I've been away from Pothos for a long time, but recently came back, too.
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
S-Oden

Post by S-Oden »

It's full-circle time for both of us, eh, Marcus? :)
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

S-Oden wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:41 am It's full-circle time for both of us, eh, Marcus? :)
Not 'arf.

Pressures of work, and some personal stuff, kept me away from Pothos for too long. Some of the personal issues are resolved (sort of), and I am in the middle of taking steps to redress my work-life balance where work is concerned. So my triumphant (?) return to Pothos is a manifestation of my taking a firmer grip on my life! :-)
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
S-Oden

Post by S-Oden »

marcus wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:34 pm I am in the middle of taking steps to redress my work-life balance where work is concerned.
MI-6 needs to cut you some slack (I know, I know, but it remains a good joke). :)
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

S-Oden wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:18 pm MI-6 needs to cut you some slack (I know, I know, but it remains a good joke). :)
Ha ha! :-)

True, but who would save the world if I weren't around to do it? :-)
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK