Ancient Greece Meets Middle Earth?

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

jorgios
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Ancient Greece Meets Middle Earth?

Post by jorgios »

ha. i was hoping the title would get everyones attention..In any case, i just read a rumour that John Rhyes Davies of Lord of the Rings fame is now cast as Cassander in the Stone production... has anyone else heard this or am i really behind on my Alex film news?
jorgios

my mistake...

Post by jorgios »

turns out another page says it's John Rhyes Myers of "Velvet Goldmine" fame playing Cassander... anyone know which is true?
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: my mistake...

Post by marcus »

I think it's Jonathan Rhys Meyers.He played Steerpike in the recent BBC adaptation of the Gormenghast trilogy (if that means anything to anyone). He's a slim, dark, brooding-looking chap, which might be a very good choice for Kassander.Oh, he can act, too, which is helpful! :-)All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
aen

Post by aen »

Yeah, it's Johnny Rhyss Myers alright. Pal of mine is a pal of his etc.It's not certain he has the part yet, however; settling terms, I believe, or at least, was a fortnight ago in London. Laters
karen
Hetairos (companion)

Post by karen »

A guy who played a good Steerpike would make a terrific Kassander, I think!So BBC has done the Gormenghast Trilogy? Mind you... reading those books *is* like watching a movie. How faithful a rendition is it?L&P,
Karen
karen
Hetairos (companion)

Post by karen »

Was hoping to figure a way to delete the second of the accidental double post here... sorry...
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Hi Karen,I didn't see Gormenghast myself, unfortunately, but I understand it was extremely good - although rather long and plodding... but you sort of have to expect that with Gormenghast!All the bestMArcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK