Regarding Andrew Chugg

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

argead330

Regarding Andrew Chugg

Post by argead330 »

Greetings Pothosians,

The last time I was in the Forum was in 2002 whereabouts, when the site's look was much sparer and the homeboys were Trey, John, Jeanne, Susan, among others. My special area of interest in Alexandrology was and still is THE BODY, and back then Harry Tzalas was God as far as Alexander's missing mummy was concerned. And now enter Mr. Andrew Chugg. Maybe I need more time tinkering with the Forum's internal search engine, but the words Andrew Chugg, Alexander's tomb, mummy,etc with appropriate Boolean conditionals just won't yield anything useful. From what I gather from the notices (elsewhere), Mr. Chugg's ideas about the mummy's whereabouts are catching the attention of a lot of people in global Alexandrology. Apologies in advance if this is a stylus-stuck-in vynil record for those who have already read him, but will someone please summarize for me Mr. Chugg's thesis?
Tantalus
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by Tantalus »

I don't have time to write up a synopsis. But have you look through Andrew Chugg's site yet?
argead330

Mr. Chugg

Post by argead330 »

Was just there and Mr. Chugg kindly pointed out to me his source of the information that St. Mark's body was cremated (as well as in the New Testament, where divine intervention snatched his corpse from the flames of pagan crematorial practices). This is the starting point I was looking for.
athenas owl
Hetairos (companion)

Post by athenas owl »

A bit off topic, but I was watching the NatGeo channel last night and there was an hour long show about the search for ATG's tomb. Andrew was a participant, in Alexandria. Very nice to see a face with the name.
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Re:

Post by amyntoros »

athenas owl wrote:A bit off topic, but I was watching the NatGeo channel last night and there was an hour long show about the search for ATG's tomb. Andrew was a participant, in Alexandria. Very nice to see a face with the name.
I saw it also, but those who missed it can catch it on December 23rd at 8 and 11 p.m., December 27th at 3 p.m., and December 30th at 4 p.m. (Eastern time).

Best regards,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor