Alexander the Great was here, and so was I by Leonidas Argyraspid

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

Argyraspid

Alexander the Great was here, and so was I by Leonidas Argyraspid

Post by Argyraspid »

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/alexan ... d-so-was-i

My love affair with Alexander the Great goes back to the early 1970s when I visited Greece, including the site of Pella, his birthplace, for the first time. The tomb of Vergina had not yet been discovered. The city had not been linked to old Aegae but supposedly was still hidden behind the waterfalls of Edessa.
Over the years, Alexander remained present, but it was only in the recent decennia that I have been continuously treading in his footsteps, either directly or indirectly, for his legacy reached far beyond the cities he conquered or founded and the lands he crossed.
My experiences led me to focus my travel destinations more closely on those countries Alexander had conquered or where his influence lived on. I had many close encounters with this great king, brilliant general and superhuman person as I followed him into modern-day countries such as Albania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Libya, Iran, and Uzbekistan. Standing on the banks of the Granicus, skirting the Zagros Mountains, or crossing the Oxus River on foot gave me a totally different feeling and perspective of the events than what is recounted otherwise. These impressions were overwhelming.
I returned home with scores of stories about the heritage left by Alexander and the Hellenistic Era he initiated. This is how the idea for writing my book matured and eventually materialized.
I purposely opted for an ebook because this format allows me to illustrate my story with a selection of pictures from my extensive collection. Any philalexandros can use the book as a travel guide and a historical guide to follow Alexander the Great, making his way through history.
My travels and encounters with Alexander were a most wonderful and exhilarating experience, which I love to share with my readers.
----------------
Leonidas Argyraspid
https://makedonia-alexandros.blogspot.com/
sikander
Somatophylax

Re: Alexander the Great was here, and so was I by Leonidas Argyraspid

Post by sikander »

Greetings Leonidas,

I enjoyed reading your post re your travels.
Have you had anyone review your book yet?
I went to your blog and enjoyed many of the photos you included.
Thank you for sharing!

Regards,
Sikander
Argyraspid

Post by Argyraspid »

Hello Sikander,
Thank you very much for your kind words.
Sadly, reviews on my book are scarce but I got a couple when I posted my book on my blog. Maybe in time you want to add some comment of your own? I would greatly appreciate the gesture, of course!
All the best,
Argyraspid
chris_taylor
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by chris_taylor »

Hi Leonidas,

I am on a trip retracing the route of Alexander and would like to buy your ebook as a travelling companion, so I bought your book from Kobo. unfortunately, it's in a proprietary format and I can't read it on the laptop. could you email me a standard pdf or similar universal format?

thanks a lot.
All men by nature desire understanding. Aristotle.