Books to Read

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Ach....

Post by marcus »

He he he!
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
susa

Post by susa »

I expect british men to be gentlemen.
I was taught at college they were so.ha ha ha:)susa
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Ah, well, we've done very well over the centuries making it *look* as though we are, but actually we are all cads and bounders. Have you ever read 'Flashman'? If not, I highly recommend it. That will show you the *true* nature of British men. It's the public school system, you see...(fortunately, I didn't go to a public school, so I am more civilised than those of my compatriots who did)All the bestMarcusPS: who's only joking - of *course* we are all gentlemen - and, as I said, I was making fun of John, not you...
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
John

Post by John »

I take the blame. I was making fun of Isa for making fun of Hephaistion. But I guess it wasn't really Hephaistion, it was Tom Tiun. My mistake.John
susa

Oh?

Post by susa »

Thanks. I'll try to read Flashman. But mind you that i'm terribly disillusioned now.... about the brits....:(
:(susa
susa

To John

Post by susa »

Indeed? Never make fun of me, or thou shalt bemoan thy fate.:)
:)isa
John

Re: To John

Post by John »

OK OK Call off the dogs!John
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Oh?

Post by marcus »

Susa,Well, when you read Flashman your disillusionment will grow - but it is only fiction, remember that!But please don't be disillusioned - I was only joshing you. But as I said, it's that darned public school system... doesn't teach young men to communicate with ladies, y'see...All the bestMarcus
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
susa

Post by susa »

Nor teach them ladies to communicate with them young men, i suppose?;)susa
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Have the ladies not *always* known *exactly* how to communicate with the male of the species, Susa? Then again, until relatively recently the gels weren't supposed to communicate - just so long as the tea was on the table...All the bestMarcus
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
susa

fallen Susa

Post by susa »

MarcusNow u got me. The tea, yes. I forgot about the tea. It-¦s in us ladies-¦ genetic structure already... To serve.... bloody genes....:(
:(susa
HEPHAISTION

Re: Spelling

Post by HEPHAISTION »

PLUTARCH USES THE WORLD PHILALEXANDROS AND HE KNEW GREEK VERY WELL.