Ptolemy & Alexander Brothers???

Discuss Alexander's generals, wives, lovers, family and enemies

Moderator: pothos moderators

marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Taphoi wrote:I notice this thread is showing a rather remakable seventeen and a half thousand views :!:

Has somebody linked to it from elsewhere or has the counter malfunctioned :?:

:o

Andrew
147 views per message. That's pretty impressive, by anyone's standards.

It has to be said, it must be one of the longest threads we've had on Pothos. It would be interesting to do some statistical analysis on subjects, threads, messages and views ... but I'm not offering ... :cry:

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Taphoi
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Taphoi »

On reflection, it looks as though this thread has achieved a fairly high search engine listing and contains popular search terms in its title and body. In these special circumstances, some Pothos threads may get more reads than articles in national newspapers. Be careful what you write!

Best wishes,

Andrew
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

Taphoi wrote:On reflection, it looks as though this thread has achieved a fairly high search engine listing and contains popular search terms in its title and body. In these special circumstances, some Pothos threads may get more reads than articles in national newspapers. Be careful what you write! (My italics)
I believe that you are echoing Sikander's point in his Sticky thread. There should always be a concern about how members present themselves on the forum no matter how many or how few may read their posts, although it should be noted that the majority here are sensible, courteous and considerate individuals. However, when a member is discussing his/her opinion on a topic of historical relevance it ought not to make a difference if a million people read the thread! The forum is a place for the sharing of views and for free discussion of the historical Alexander. :)

Best regards,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Re: Ptolemy & Alexander Brothers???

Post by amyntoros »

"Bumping" this thread because attention has been drawn to it in a more recent debate.
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor