Battle of the Hydaspes discussion

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

Paralus
Chiliarch

Battle of the Hydaspes discussion

Post by Paralus »

For those not a member of Academia.edu, there is a lively discussion going on regarding Kathleen Toohey's reworked thesis (something mentioned by Sean Manning a while back). Presently underway is a two part chapter on the Battle of the Hydaspes.. I do not mean to divert traffic from this site, only to point out that, for those interested, it should be illuminating as the entire process has been.

I've not asked Kathleen whether she'd allow her drafts to be posted on this site, though I imagine she could post them here were she interested in doing so. I may post here regarding this discussion if time allows.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu