Another movie - reprise

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Another movie - reprise

Post by marcus »

The Times today (5 August 2002) says that Scorsese's planned Alexander film is "unlikely".If he was, indeed, planning on using Di Caprio, then all I can say is "thank goodness for that"!All the bestMarcus
Carl

Post by Carl »

Speaking of novels of AlexanderGǪ A year or so ago I picked up a novel called GÇÿIskanderGÇÖ by Marshall M. Kirkman published in 1903. I was intrigued by an early novelization of AlexanderGÇÖs life, but I should have known better when I saw the three fully armored charging medieval knights on the front cover GÇô longswords and all! It was about as bad as anything I have ever read. The dialog was EXCESSIVELY Shakespearean with waaaay too many GÇÿthouGÇÖ, GÇÿtisGÇÖ and GÇÿharkGÇÖs and though the plot was moderately accurate historically, it was even sappier than ManfrediGÇÖs books. Here is a brief excerpt (a page named Orestes to Clitus): GÇ£GǪWill she accompany the embassy to Pella, think you?GǪ The Prince, Clitus. Look! He heads the charge, Hearken! The troop answer his cry! There! The whirl of the dust, and the thunder GÇô they strike GÇô again and again GÇô the Thebans waver, give way, they fly GÇô the Prince is GÇô mother GÇô mother GÇôGÇ£ And then, mercifully, he dies. Ouch.
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Thanks, Carl. That gave me a nice little laugh early in the morning!It sounds as if I just *must* find that book somehow. I'll enjoy reading it...All the bestMarcus