CHILD OF FIRE

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

JIMHATZ28

CHILD OF FIRE

Post by JIMHATZ28 »

HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS GREAT VIDEO BY THE BBC? I THINK ITS THE BEST !
John

Re: CHILD OF FIRE

Post by John »

I liked it, too - By Tony Spawforth, right? - but just try to find it anywhere. It's almost impossible!John
chris

Post by chris »

HiNo, I haven't. Could you please provide more details.Chris
susan
Somatophylax

Post by susan »

I don't know if this is the same as Alexander the God King, by Tony Spawforth, made in the early-mid 90s. I have a copy of this on video, it was good but not as ambitious as Michael Wood. Plus there was the video partly by Bosworth of a few weeks back - was that shown in America too ?
John

Post by John »

Sounds like the same one. I have, "CHILD OF FIRE The Search for Alexander the Great," by Tony Spawforth. It centers on Alexander and religion, and looks for his tomb.I haven't seen the recent one with Bosworth. Now you made me curious.John
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

John,I didn't get to see the programme (which was on Channel 5 in the UK) but as I understand it it wasn't very in-depth - only half an hour and, as the review said, if you know anything about Alexander then it wasn't anything new; if you don't know anything then it was a useful introduction.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
John

Post by John »

Marcus,To tell you the truth, I'm just curious as to what that cat Bosworth looks like.
John
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Me too, John. Me too!I'm hoping it will be repeated at some point and then I can make a point of watching it.My main problem is that I can't get C5 in London (I'm in one of the Bermuda Triangle areas) and my flat in Nottingham has no TV reception at the moment. I made a frantic telephone call to my girlfriend to get her to record it but she didn't pick up the message in time.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Linda
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Linda »

I did tape it - Bosworth looks like a lovely, mild-mannered man. If anyone would like a tape, email me. (forum members, I suppose,a s I don't really want to put up my email address. Call me paranoid)