Oliver Stone + Movie = Alexander: The Complete Story

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

LocoRoco86

Oliver Stone + Movie = Alexander: The Complete Story

Post by LocoRoco86 »

I just saw a myspace page that says Oliver Stone is releasing a 3rd cut of the Alexander movie. This one is like 3 and a half hours long with just about all the footage taken while making the movie.

I personally, wasn't all that impressed when i saw Alexander in theater's but this one...it's uncut so i imagine that this version will be more fluid and have more to it overall. So far, the extra scenes I've seen look great, especially the battles! I can't wait :)

Oh, and on a side note; the DVD is going to include a ticket to see 300, so I'm definitely picking this up :)
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Re: Oliver Stone + Movie = Alexander: The Complete Story

Post by amyntoros »

LocoRoco86 wrote:Oh, and on a side note; the DVD is going to include a ticket to see 300, so I'm definitely picking this up :)
I already preordered the new DVD 'cause there was much I liked about the original film (shsssh - not supposed to admit that on Pothos! :wink: ) and the ticket to see 300 is a very nice perk.

Best regards,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Oliver Stone + Movie = Alexander: The Complete Story

Post by marcus »

LocoRoco86 wrote:I just saw a myspace page that says Oliver Stone is releasing a 3rd cut of the Alexander movie. This one is like 3 and a half hours long with just about all the footage taken while making the movie.

I personally, wasn't all that impressed when i saw Alexander in theater's but this one...it's uncut so i imagine that this version will be more fluid and have more to it overall. So far, the extra scenes I've seen look great, especially the battles! I can't wait :)

Oh, and on a side note; the DVD is going to include a ticket to see 300, so I'm definitely picking this up :)
Oh, cool! I knew he was releasing the 3rd cut, but the ticket to 300 is a very nice bonus.

Cheers for the info.

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Zeus

Post by Zeus »

I really enjoy the new version of the film, have to say I was happy it came with tickets to 300 though I would have purchased either separately anyways since both movies are so appealing to me. BTW are any alexander fans familiar with this site? http://www.addfilmsurveys.com/ If you enter '300' you can complete a survey in regards to alexander and potentially win some prizes (I've actually had quite a bit of luck with these in the past)
freelancemuse

Post by freelancemuse »

That Final cut pretty much rules, and it certainly makes Alexander seem much less emo, giving a better overall picture. That first directors cut which had LESS footage than the theatrical cut was a joke.