Alexander The Final Cut

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

jasonxx

Alexander The Final Cut

Post by jasonxx »

Stone has rubbed Alexander deeper into the dirt than any anti Alexander writer can ever do with his. Pro Gay propoganda rubbish.

If his idea was to made the movie he wanted to then all he will do is alienating the mainstream of people who would want to see Alexander the Great. In exchange for the Alexander The Gay. Alexander the Great became such irespective of who he had sex with. What on earth is Stone Trying to do with this crap.

Delete this post if you wish. But I challenge Porthonians to say how this utter crap will do anything for Alexander The Great. With the public more engrained with Alexander as a raving Queer and not the warrior king.
Mod Hip

Post by Mod Hip »

I hope your post doesn't get deleted in the respect that all opinions should be honored, but as I've mentioned to many a person - I still don't understand why everyone is up in arms about the sexual matters of the film. Alexander slept around. So what? He had bisexual tendencies. So what? Is this really that much of an issue, especially nowadays? Besides, the Stone hardly made sex the main focus of the film. It comes across as a sidenote. I'm so incredibly happy that Stone did not go mainstream with this because then we would have a desecrated version of the hero for today's times just like the Troy movie made of Achilles when it turned him into a mere hunk of good-looking muscle.

Really though - the first time I watched this film I had no idea why people were so worried about the homosexual aspect since it is barely there. And while I do strongly feel that sex is a sidenote in Stone's telling of the story, it is important - there are surely certain things that would have gone differently had Alexander made different relationship decisions.