'Royal Ustav' from Bollywood! A new Alexander film.

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

rjones2818
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

'Royal Ustav' from Bollywood! A new Alexander film.

Post by rjones2818 »

http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/ ... ander.html

Apparently part musical, as is traditional in Bollywood.

I can hardly wait!

:twisted:
Fiona
Hetairos (companion)

Re: 'Royal Ustav' from Bollywood! A new Alexander film.

Post by Fiona »

rjones2818 wrote:http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/ ... ander.html

Apparently part musical, as is traditional in Bollywood.

I can hardly wait!

:twisted:
I just saw this report too. Incredible - who on earth is Rani Rupmati? And how are they going to get the wet sari scene in? Perhaps it'll be a wet chiton...
Fiona
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

Fiona wrote:I just saw this report too. Incredible - who on earth is Rani Rupmati?
She's presenty touring Australia with the Indian cricket team. Choreographs the "monkey" imitations by Harbajan Singh
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

Fiona wrote:I just saw this report too. Incredible - who on earth is Rani Rupmati? And how are they going to get the wet sari scene in? Perhaps it'll be a wet chiton...
Fiona
Don't know about the wet sari scene, but they've managed to work in the karma sutra! :lol: Check out the official website for more details.

Best regards,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
Vergina Sun
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by Vergina Sun »

Well, the movie's website says to "get ready for a journey where you will experience love, lust, sex, power, and above all the untold 2nd chapter of [the life of] Alexander the Great". I suppose we're in for quite a historical epic, eh? :wink: But honestly, I can't wait to see Alexander as a sex-crazed man whose desire to come back to India was so strong that not even death itself could stop him. Will it open in America?
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

Vergina Sun wrote: Will it open in America?
Probably, but I doubt it will have a general release. More likely it will play in local Indian theaters and it may not open here until some months from now. There's a theater a few blocks from where I live - have seen a few Bollywood movies there, mostly "historical" (read "legendary") epics. They only have showings two or three days a week so I'll try and stop over at the weekend and ask if Royal Ustav is on their schedule.

Best regards,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
Fiona
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Fiona »

Paralus wrote:
Fiona wrote:I just saw this report too. Incredible - who on earth is Rani Rupmati?
She's presenty touring Australia with the Indian cricket team. Choreographs the "monkey" imitations by Harbajan Singh
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fiona