Try my quiz

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Fiona
Hetairos (companion)

Try my quiz

Post by Fiona »

This is a quiz I created, it's just for fun. Answer as yourself, and it will tell you which character from Alexander's story you most resemble.
If none of the answers is quite right for you, just pick the closest.
The character summaries at the end are deliberately generous, picking on each person's best qualities.

http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/1Sof3RL/Whi ... er-are-you

I hope you enjoy it!
Fiona
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

Evidently, given the result, the scientific basis of the questions needs looking at....
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
Semiramis
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Semiramis »

And what was this apparently undesired result Paralus? Please do share... :P
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

Haven't been around much lately due to a persistent illness, but this quiz was quick and fun to do.

Apparently, I am ... ahem ... Ptolemy! I quite admire him so it's not such a bad result - except I wish he didn't have a face like an old shoe! :lol:

Best regards,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

Semiramis wrote:And what was this apparently undesired result Paralus? Please do share... :P
It would appear that I am much given to wine and "carousing" until well into the morning; am an ardent fan of Euripides and Homer and have a marked tendency to consider peoples, as yet free, who do not recognise me as their ruler as "in revolt" and in need of full military persecution.

None of which, aside from that last (I am seeing Euripides' Trojan Women in September), I'd disagree with.

Hence my questioning of the scientific basis of the quiz....
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
smittysmitty
Hetairos (companion)

Post by smittysmitty »

Ha! I'm an Alexander. I would never have picked that.

Was fun anyway.
ScottOden
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by ScottOden »

Oh, great . . . I'm Perdiccas :? Ignominious end, table for one!

Excellent quiz, Fiona!

Best,

Scott
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

You grasping, greedy individual you Scott. Inflated view of your station in life eh? Don't go planning any holidays to Egypt.

Me? I'm VDH's murderous mass killer.
Paralus

Academia.edu
ScottOden

Post by ScottOden »

Perdiccas to his men, seconds before the knives fly: "No, no . . . trust me, those crocs are harmless!"

I was so hoping I'd be Ptolemy.

Paralus, I KNEW you had murderous designs on the East! ;)
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

ScottOden wrote: Perdiccas to his men, seconds before the knives fly: "No, no . . . trust me, those crocs are harmless!"
Or: "What, it's my fault the bloody elephants scoured out the river bed? Anyway, they assured me they could swim! Come on Anti, you know they did. And what's with Sel and Peitho and the knives? The bloody barbarians'll slice the boar"
ScottOden wrote:Paralus, I KNEW you had murderous designs on the East! ;)
Don't be concerned unless I threaten to crucify or transfix with a sarisa those who disagree with me on this forum...
Paralus

Academia.edu
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Try my quiz

Post by marcus »

Fiona wrote: The character summaries at the end are deliberately generous, picking on each person's best qualities.
Hmm, not sure I agree with that, considering I came out as Cleitus! :shock: :( :(

Good fun, though! :D

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

OMG! :shock: Hmm... Never thought about being Hephaistion... But not bad, not bad :)
Loyal, loving, understanding things... Sounds great, but... (speaking of Hephaistion, my first thought quite often is Plutarchus story about his death:()
Vergina Sun

Post by Vergina Sun »

Oh, it turns out that I'm Roxane! Hmm... Isolated, proud, and not afraid to struggle. Plus I get to be the wife of the man I admire most :lol: I guess it's pretty good (if you overlook the fact that I kill Stateira and am eventually killed by Cassander). I can live with that.

Great quiz, Fiona! I've always wondered which Alexander character I was! :D
Fiona
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Fiona »

Some great results there! Many thanks for playing, everyone, glad you enjoyed it.
Fiona
Vergina Sun

Post by Vergina Sun »

Just out of curiosity, Fiona, what Alexander character are you? :wink: