Philip of Macedon Computer Game

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

amyntoros
Somatophylax

Philip of Macedon Computer Game

Post by amyntoros »

Here's the press release for the Hegemony: Philip of Macedon computer game.
Wow! A real time strategy game on Philip, of all people. And one would expect it to be pretty good considering it's been six years in the making.The video looks pretty impressive to me, although I rather expect our military experts here - you know who you are! :wink: - will have something to say about the game action. I'm really not one for computer or video games - my son is the gaming fiend in my house - but I'm tempted to buy this and let him have a go even though I may lose access to my computer for a goodly amount of time. (He has an Apple laptop and it looks like the game isn't available for the Mac.) Still, I'd really like to see this game in action.

It's about time somebody paid attention to Philip! :lol:
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Philip of Macedon Computer Game

Post by marcus »

amyntoros wrote:Here's the press release for the Hegemony: Philip of Macedon computer game.
Wow! A real time strategy game on Philip, of all people. And one would expect it to be pretty good considering it's been six years in the making.The video looks pretty impressive to me, although I rather expect our military experts here - you know who you are! :wink: - will have something to say about the game action. I'm really not one for computer or video games - my son is the gaming fiend in my house - but I'm tempted to buy this and let him have a go even though I may lose access to my computer for a goodly amount of time. (He has an Apple laptop and it looks like the game isn't available for the Mac.) Still, I'd really like to see this game in action.

It's about time somebody paid attention to Philip! :lol:
Hi Amyntoros,

Thanks for this - it looks quite good.

It does seem to be a bit less advanced than the "Total War" simulation system, although the concept is the same. I'm not a great one for computer games at all (life is, after all, far too short); but I reckon I'll probably get this, to try it out and to have in the collection!

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK