Who should play Alexander?

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Grindhl

Who should play Alexander?

Post by Grindhl »

As most of you now know, Leonardo DiCaprio is to play Alexander the Great in a motion picture directed by Martin Scorcesse. Is this the right choice? I say............NO FREAKING WAY! Leonardo is not the right man for the job. He's too cocky, arrogant, and not the right physical type. He needs to grow wiser, more passionate, more emotional, and a little more feminine. Alexander had a strong masculine energy on the battlefield, and I for one would run if I ever saw his eyes glaring at me with his sword drawn, lol. But off the battlefield, he was warm, compassionate, and intimate with those he loved. I don't think DiCaprio could pull this off. Not to mention Alexander had an intimate relationship with another man, his best friend. And I am not too certain that DiCaprio would enjoy kissing another man, or doing anything remotely of a love scene with another male actor, unless he was drunk. I think we need to choose someone else. Now, why didn't we ask Ryan Phillipe? He looks the role and is game for anything. How about the usual choice and go with an unknown actor. Let someone else have a chance for a change instead of using the same old faces! The truth is that the studio might be too afraid to spend a lot of money on the film and have an unknown in the title role. They'd feel more comfortable with Leo. Is this the best we can do folks?!
Moony Girl

Re: Who should play Alexander?

Post by Moony Girl »

As far as I know, Leonardo DiCaprio dropped out of the project and, according to various articles and website, has been tentatively replaced with Heath Ledger. Now, I don't particulary know him very well, so can anyone tell us if he would actually do a good job? Thanks.
Grindhl

Post by Grindhl »

Alright, Heath Ledger would not make a good choice. He is a good actor and does have a future ahead of him, he is also an aussi, which would make an English accent easy for him, but Heath Ledger is also 6 foot 4. He is WAY too tall to play the role of Alexander. Most men were taller than Alexander. So the actor to play Hepaestion would have to be 6'6, or something like it. Let's try someone else please.
Gaby

Post by Gaby »

If you ask me someone like russel crowe should play Alexander, he's not too tall and we know he can pull of the rugged yet gentle type eg. gladiator and a beautifull mind he knows all the fighting techniques etc thanks to gladiator and not to mention from a girls point of view he looks pretty damn good in a skirt!!
Delboy!

Post by Delboy! »

Hey this is one I just have "2 reply 2!! On the contrary I think they should find sum1 who can pull off him totally HUGE ego!! and his hidden side!(well ya get my meaning..!)
Ooooooooooooh hows a bout..Heath Ledger!! yeah!! or...dat guy who played Comadus(evil evil!!) in Gladiator!! Ryan Philipe is a fox!I have 2 say he would b easy on the eyes... and a good actor 2!