PORUS !!!

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

system1988
Hetairos (companion)

PORUS !!!

Post by system1988 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mieeqzlXkQ

Never mind the ( Christian ) churches of Santorini ....!!! Who cares for such details !
Πάντες άνθρωποι του ειδέναι ορέγονται φύσει
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Re: PORUS !!!

Post by Alexias »

Looks spectacular! I don't know how I'd ever get to see it though, unless sony release a sub-titled DVD. Did you see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua_qMe5PW4Y?
system1988
Hetairos (companion)

Post by system1988 »

The film seems spectacular and in a way 'Kitsch' for us westernes.It is a blunt copy of the '300", Oliver Stone s' Alexander "and
'Gladiator"...and God knows what else. However that we would see the blue domes of the Santorini s Christian churches was a bit unexpected ( 400 year gap..) But lets not be over demanding here.The film may address audiences that are not even aware of Creece location.I hope it gets an English translation , but even without the subtitles i would watch it, as for the dialogues i would let my imagination work !
Πάντες άνθρωποι του ειδέναι ορέγονται φύσει
Susa the Great
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by Susa the Great »

Oh I am so surprised about this Porus movie. And Bollywood make such wonderful films, very entertaining. I seen one which is very very good - Jodha Akhbar -, and it is a suggestion as well. It is Very High Quality.

This Puru one looks a bit 'B' for the high Bollywood standards... Anyway, worth seeing as soon as one can download it.

And, whomever is worried about Subtitles --- the great majority of Bollywood movies have subtitles in English, as English is their lingua franca. So, if it is download or DVD, people can get ENG subs.

Woa, and Puru looks sort of handsome!

Oh the Indians and their naïvete.... arent they the loveliest people? :)
Come live forever with me, or transpire / a flame alone on a funeral pire / We'll build an empire if we so desire, travel the world, and set it on fire.