Sons of Aeropus/Polyaenus

Discuss Philip's achievements and Macedonia pre-Alexander

Moderator: pothos moderators

smittysmitty
Hetairos (companion)

Sons of Aeropus/Polyaenus

Post by smittysmitty »

Hi all, :)Bosworth in his Conquest and Fire states that the sons of Aeropus may very well have been involved in the murder of Philip as they had personal motives." The brothers may very well have helped Pausanius plan the assasination. They had personal motives as strong as his own ( their fater, it seems, had been exiled by Philip ), and they probably intended to be king-makers, giving their support to the ultimate victor in the power struggle."Bosworth contributes this information to Polyaenus iv.2.3I've looked high and low for this information, can anyone inform me of how I can obtain info on Polyaenus and his works. I believe Peter Krentz has published a book on Polyaenus' first five books, but seems it's unavailable. Are their any other books that may cover his work? In appreciation to anyone that may respond.
Cheers!
susan
Somatophylax

Re: Sons of Aeropus/Polyaenus

Post by susan »

Have you tried Amazon ? Amazon.com lists it, but doesn't comment on its availability:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 1-0148029I don't think it's available online.Alternatively can you order it through your nearest library ? In the UK you can order anything like that.Susan
smittysmitty
Hetairos (companion)

Re: Sons of Aeropus/Polyaenus

Post by smittysmitty »

thanks Susan,
thats where I located it also, but it's currently out of production, and I was hoping to get some free info :(Oh well, just another book that has to be put on the wish list!
Cheers