Parmeniao and Philip Reflective?

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Parmeniao and Philip Reflective?

Post by kenny »

Brothers Of The SwordI read the statemenrts and the rhetoric between Alexander and Parmenio and wonder if Parmenions veiws were reflective of the opinions of Philip as they were the same generation and through Parmenio can we measure the oiut look of Philip against Alexanders.Parmenio advised Alexander to take up darius offer of the lands west of the Euphrates. I just wonder if that would be the measure of Philips ambition. Likewise I wonder if a reason Alexander just about ignored all Parmenios advice was his everlasting attewmpt to out do his father.Marcus.Thanks for the positive feedback on the book Killer of Men.. I found the latter chapters fascinating and very informative to Alexanders war of atricial against insergents in India. I mostly thought it was pointless guerrilla warfare aginst bandits.. But the book tells us it had good strategical and tactical aims.It also told us of how the macedonian war machine had moved on from the seasonal wars of minor sieges and token battles then every one home for harvest and tea. To the Macedonian All year round fighting machine of anhialation warefare.It was as the book said the first times in history that a winning army would rout and try to totally anhialate armies even on the run to save them facing the same forces another day.Also that Alexander and Philip were maybe the first military generals to adopt wholescale siege warefare.Good book marcus and a good call.Kenny