The king Is Dead. Hail Leonardo

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

Having been to see the movie again, Its a top draw film and showing Decaprio towards an Oscar. Its a real shame that no one without a death wish would make Alexander again. The opportunity has been lost and Squandered.
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

Maybe the best way to do Alexander would be animatrix with Richard Burtons Voice.
Efstathios
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Efstathios »

Di Caprio is a good actor. But no, his style is not like Alexander's style. I think Farrell was far better as Alexander cause some times during the movie he got this expression like an apathy for almost anything. The same apathy and calmness that Alexander had when Parmenion tried to wake him up before the Gaugamela battle.

I dont know if Di Caprio could play this role.Although we dont know exactly how Alexander was, we get a good idea by some events. He was many times "far" from the others around him, maybe to his own thoughts , and must have been generally detached as a person, but in some occasions and maybe at feasts e.t.c he would be more open and enjoy along with his friends. With a good sense of humor, and he generally wouldnt talk much unless he would have something important to say. He would probably like to hear the others in a chat and contribute when he had something appropriate to say. That may sound as "snobish" but it's not. At least i dont think he was a snob.

That's how i generally imagine him ,and i dont know which actor would be best as Alexander.
Beatriki
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by Beatriki »

Efstathios wrote:Di Caprio is a good actor. But no, his style is not like Alexander's style. I think Farrell was far better as Alexander cause some times during the movie he got this expression like an apathy for almost anything. The same apathy and calmness that Alexander had when Parmenion tried to wake him up before the Gaugamela battle.

I dont know if Di Caprio could play this role.Although we dont know exactly how Alexander was, we get a good idea by some events. He was many times "far" from the others around him, maybe to his own thoughts , and must have been generally detached as a person, but in some occasions and maybe at feasts e.t.c he would be more open and enjoy along with his friends. With a good sense of humor, and he generally wouldnt talk much unless he would have something important to say. He would probably like to hear the others in a chat and contribute when he had something appropriate to say. That may sound as "snobish" but it's not. At least i dont think he was a snob.

That's how i generally imagine him ,and i dont know which actor would be best as Alexander.
You couldn't have expressed better what I think!! :D Colin doesn't look like "exactly" like Alexander, but was able to copy some of this facial expressions... especially that apathic look as you said, and also the "astonished" gaze, so typical of him.

I agree also with your view on how Alexander was :wink:, which for me is really far away of how Leo is, even physically.

Kisses, Beatriki
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

colin farrels alexander. no more comanding than a jelly baby