2003: A Time Odyssey

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

John

2003: A Time Odyssey

Post by John »

I've already commented on Arthur C. Clarke's 2001: A Space Odyssey. Now, in 2003, a new book is being published by Arthur C. Clarke, as the first in the Time Odyssey series:http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/books ... 0.htm?Lest anyone think I'm straying off the subject of Alexander the Great, here's an exerpt of the plot: "...flung back to the 4th century and the midst of Alexander the Great's army. Mankind's time odyssey has begun. It is a journey that will see Alexander avoid premature death..."Also concerning Arthur C. Clarke, here's a letter he wrote four days ago about the Columbia space shuttle:http://www.geocities.com/jcsherwood/ACCColumbia.htmOK. The above letter is more off-topic, since it doesn't mention Alexander. But he does mention Apollo...John
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: 2003: A Time Odyssey

Post by marcus »

Hi John,That sounds... intriguing...Part of me says I'd like to read it, for the Alexander stuff, but another part makes me concerned that it will turn out a bit like the David Gemmell book, "Dark Prince".Why don't you buy it and read it and post a comprehensive review... thus saving us the trouble if it turns out to be a turkey! :-)All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Tre

Post by Tre »

I thought I had seen it all John, but there is a slight implication in the blurb that Alexander might have been an alien among us. It's also one of those someone else writes the book but we sorta say that a famous author kind of wrote it in partnership. Do I smell large white poultry possessing a snood? :-)Regards,Tre
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

That is really fascinating, John, and what a connection! I got it loud and clear! Funny how on the day of the disaster, the power ball numbers came up to be my birthday also. Was I ever shocked, so thanks for the Arthur Clark article. Power plays, knowing the powers that be.As I am on eof the few who really believe that Olympias is correct, as is the delphi in Siwa, Alexiander is son of Zeus incarnated, I am surprised at nothing. I believe that God or Zeus, or Jupiter, (by any other name, still is the same) can incarnate any darn time that God pleases, and in any form. So it is with Alexander. Only God could climb mountains so well as did he and his troops. What God did in seven days, Alexander (Apollo) did in eight short years, Or whatever... So the question is, can mankind today match either them in space?And I always thought that 2001 space odyssey was to mark the 40th anniversary of my exiting Michigan State in honor of JFK's appearance there. Thanks for the help.
John

Post by John »

Well, unless Sir Arthur sends me an advance copy, we'll have to wait for someone to get it in stock first.John