Colin Farrell Beefing Up For 'Alexander The Great'

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Tre

Colin Farrell Beefing Up For 'Alexander The Great'

Post by Tre »

This guy just wows me with his scintillating intellect
-----------------------------------------------
TeenHollywood are reporting that actor Colin Farrell will be bulking up for his role in Oliver Stone's Alexander so that he can handle the physical activity involved.The Irish playboy is set to woo thousands of female fans by gaining an extra 20lbs to play Alexander the Great.But the hell-raising hunk claims he never works out and will struggle to get in perfect shape to play the legendary warrior.The 26-year-old star said: "I don't work out - no way. I've done a couple of times for various gigs but not much. Nothing like what I'll need to do for Alexander. I'll have to put on about 20lb of muscle.""There'll be so much swordplay - I mean, he was a hunter when he was two years old, killing wild boars. So there's a bit of catching up to do.
susan
Somatophylax

Re: Colin Farrell Beefing Up For 'Alexander The Great'

Post by susan »

He certainly knows how to get publicity though - maybe not such a bad choice after all. Are they going to make him fair-haired or will he remain dark ?Susan
chris
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by chris »

...he knows a thing or two about wild bores.Chris
susa

Post by susa »

.... and about hunts too .....
susan
Somatophylax

Posh Spice as Roxane?

Post by susan »

I saw pictures of Colin Farrell kissing Posh Spice at the MTV movie awards yesterday and I had a ghastly thought - Posh Spice as Roxane. This may not mean much to non-Brits.Susan
chris

Re: Posh Spice as Roxane?

Post by chris »

..David Beckam as Hephaistion?No, stop it...you'll be suggesting Sir Alex Ferguson as Darius.Apologies to non-Brits.Chris
Linda
Hetairos (companion)

Re: Posh Spice as Roxane?

Post by Linda »

Mind you, Beckham is more of an Alexander figure (if you ignore the squeaky voice). Talented, iconic, restrained - with odd flashes of temper -, bit flamboyant, a natural blonde... Apologies to non-Brits. :)
Thalestris-Alexandros

Re: Beefing-Up?--Could Care Less

Post by Thalestris-Alexandros »

Regardless if Farrel beefs-up, or DiCaprio beefs up, or Stone or Lurhman do their homework properly: I could care less. Neither movie should come to pass and humiliate the memory of Mega Alexandros, and thousands who still adore him as an icon befitting the qualities of a hero. I believe Greece has chosen not to support Stone.Burton's portrayal should be the last, as a memory. My apologies to those who wish to see the fruition of the two movies, I am only expressing my disappointment to the casting and scripts. Pitt's and Bloom's "Troy" movie sounds more venerable than the ATG projects.Thaletris
wmp

Post by wmp »

Coming back to the UK from Athens on Sunday
night via British Airways, I was given a free Daily
Mail - in which was a picture of Pitt on the 'phone
while filming the new Troy pic. Costuming
courtesy Xena + Terminator... Bit different from,
say, the Denda armour in Naplion museum,
which I *think* is about the correct vintage. This
made me fear for the veracity of the movie...
sigh .... :)
wmp
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Well, I honestly care that a credible actor who can understand the character and portray him in a way that is inspirational and stimulating. I have just read some his comments that Colin made on the BBC radio which sound so utterly ridiculous that it makes my head spin.Educational films would be the most likely to do an Alexander that I would like. I have seen one of those which I believe that I already mentioned on this site. There are really good actors who make Alexander appear great. I am inclined to believe that Colin will be a caricature and not a character actor, but that is because of his attitude. "Everything is in it. There's greed, there's jealousy, there's love, there's pain, there's hope, there's desperation, there's pride, there's friendship, there's betrayal. It's an amazing, amazing story. There's so much in it..." on and on, Just amazing. Makes my head spin.
arete

Post by arete »

I dunno...with "historically based" movies, it *is* fun to watch them just to point out what's wrong in them! (I had a ball with "Gladiator"--can you tell?)
arete

Post by arete »

You know, to refer to a different thread ("Re: Imagination Invention"), in which Thalestris-Alexandros asked us where we'd take Alexander if he were to be time-teleported to the here and now: I'd take him to the set of the movie (please allow for the fact that a) I know none of the people on the set or behind the scenes, and b) They'd probably all think the two of us were loony to believe he's actually Alexander ;-) ) to let him give Colin Farrel some advice on how to play him.
And if worst comes to worst, hey, maybe Alexander could knock him off and play the part himself. Heh heh. Hope he doesn't take the battle scenes too seriously, though...that could get nasty in a hurry...~Arete