Heckel beats Curtius in the pothos.org Books top-10

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

nick
Somatophylax

Heckel beats Curtius in the pothos.org Books top-10

Post by nick »

Hi Companions -
I just updated the pothos.org Book top-10. To my surprise Waldemar Heckel just took over 2nd place from Curtius. In fact they are equal on 61 votes each, but the system is to always favor the 'rising' book against the other (monday, June 9th, 5 p.m. local time). One strange thing: Robin Lane Fox and Brian Bosworth are both at very convenient places in the top-10, but I have never received a lot of comments on their work. The "quotes" that are there now are just things I scavenged here and there.

So a request to all our visitors: more comments on both Lane Fox and Bosworth would be appreciated. Please just post them here. I will include them in the next update. Link: http://www.pothos.org/alexander.asp?paraID=92
Regards -
Nick
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Heckel beats Curtius in the pothos.org Books top-10

Post by marcus »

I'd certainly be happy to supply reviews of them both (although I'll do a better job of Lane Fox as I've read his book more recently).But, as always, there are so many things on my to-do list that it might take a little bit of time. So you'll have to bear with me.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
susa

Post by susa »

Oops! Thank god you have already delivered to me the pic of Alex wearing the hat....:)i
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Susa,Your picture of Alexander wearing the kausia was *high* on my list of priorities, and look how long it took me to do that for you! But I'll *always* put things for you high on the list, of course...Hmmm, you might be waiting for some time for the book reviews... :-)All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK