All the source material

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

marcus
Somatophylax

All the source material

Post by marcus »

Alexias, just to say that the work you've done on posting all the minor source material is fantastic - thank you.
I'd be happy to help with more of this (time permitting), but for some reason it won't allow me to start a new topic/thread in the folder. Which is odd, as I have moderating rights. Anything you can do about that?

Cheers
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Re: All the source material

Post by Alexias »

Hi, Marcus, yes I have restricted access to the two new forums as I didn't want them to be muddled up with random entries, as they are meant to be study aids, so some sort of order and coherence seemed essential.

With the alexandersources site, I have been reading these through before posting them, which can be a bit tedious, but explains the time lag. I have also broken up the posts into smaller entries as I am unsure of the size limit on pothos posts, plus the limits on mine and the readers' concentration . Shorter posts are much less intimidating than longer ones. Anyway, I have yet to finish Aelian, then do Athenaeus, Strabo and Plutarch's Sayings and Moralia, all of which will need breaking up, but I don't particularly want random posts in the middle of these and confuse anyone trying to read through them.

I wasn't going to post Arrian and Justin as I've already provided links to translations of these (which I was going to repeat), but thinking about it, the different translations might be useful to compare. If you could find out who these translations are by and maybe post these pages once I've finished the others, that would be helpful thanks. Also, the Demosthenes page appears to be missing, but if you can find it that would be great.

The other site, copy of the front pages, is a bit more complicated. For various reasons I haven't done much to it lately. It isn't just copying over the existing pages as they need editing, bringing up to date if possible, correcting (eg the Olympias page), and supplementing. Plus I have been trying to add additional pages, and this requires research, and also group the pages into some sort of order, so again I would rather not have random pages popping up.

So, thanks for your offer of help and once I have finished the alexandersources, I will see if I can add your name to update the pages and let you know. Thanks again.
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: All the source material

Post by marcus »

Cool.

Just let me know as and when you want/need anything from me!
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK