Alexander Anime due out 2/25.

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Tre

Alexander Anime due out 2/25.

Post by Tre »

Greetings Companions!Reign: The Conqueror, Vol. 1: Obsession of Alexander or as it is also titled GÇ£The Ascention, Vol 1GÇ¥ is due out on 2/25, and can be purchased at Amazon.com. It received a four star review in Request Magazine. To quote GÇ£The beginning of ReignGÇÖs first volume chronicles AlexanderGÇÖs struggle to find his place among his fellow soldiers and come to grips with a father who wants nothing but to have him erasedGǪthe empires and inhabitants of Macedonia, Greence, and Persia are all meticulously brought to life in such a way that makes them seem even more legendary, yet still accessible to the average viewer. At the center of it all is the beautiful and cunning Alexander, whose mesmerizing adventures will have you on the edge of your seat.GÇ¥DonGÇÖt look for historical accuracy mind you.Regards,Tre
Carl

Re: Alexander Anime due out 2/25.

Post by Carl »

Well, for good or ill, I have a friend getting a copy for me on Sunday. As soon as I have time to watch it I'll try and give a brief review so that those with any interest know what to expect. I don't really hold high hopes for this series but I've got to see it nonetheless.Has anyone seen the pilot episode of the ATG series that William Shatner was supposed to have starred in but failed (thank god)?
Sivi

Post by Sivi »

This thing is disturbing. I was clawing at my hair watching just one episode. It's not very flattering towards Alexander from what I've seen. I don't mind artistic license (even if the designs are as insane as this) but, jeez...
And I like anime! I would say avoid.
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Weeeeeeeeeelllllll...If you *do* decide to purchase it, don't forget to use the Amazon links on this site, so that Thomas can at least benefit from it too, and keep Pothos going for a bit longer.Crikey, I'm starting to convince myself to shell out the cash! :-)All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Thalestris-Alexandros

Post by Thalestris-Alexandros »

Ok, let me get this straight...Alexander in anime design? Hmmmm, I presume his features will be highly exaggerated, and appear to be hyper-optic-colorful? Cannot see him that way, I just cannot. Animated? That's wild! Too "trippy" for me. Perhaps he would like it..kind of like an archaic Achilles and the Myrmidons cartoon.
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

One thing that always makes me laugh is how one can criticize Nixon for being under the Influence of Patton in his decision making while realizing how much Alexander had been influenced by Achilles and Homer. Thanks for reminding me.