Alexander

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Alexander

Post by beausefaless »

Will this movie staring Steven Stratos be seen in the USA?
jan
Strategos (general)

Re: Alexander

Post by jan »

The contact on the opener indicates that the person in charge is in California. Probably you should ask him, but it would make little sense for the largest market of moviegoers to be excluded from seeing this film. I hope someone will be able to give you the truthful answer of when it will be released. I object to Canadians seeing films before Americans do.
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Post by beausefaless »

Thank you Janet, I did what you sugested and the only answer I got was it will be released ( forgive my spelling ) every where but I was given no date and what country gets it first, I agree with you it should be in the USA first, it should be a crime how the limies portrayed Aleannder,I hope these new movies show how great of a job he did on forming his cities with his silver and gold monatary system and how it continued for over three centuries after his death even Arabia minted his coins but we will see.
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

That is a really great suggestion. The problem with all these movies is that they are probably already finished and just waiting to be edited for release. Although, I understand that some shooting is going on in Australia with the diCaprio film.I like your mentioning the coins. That would make a great study in the development of the cities. I have often wondered how long Alexander stayed around to watch the growth of each city. He seems to be an initiator and a starter, but up and leaves them. That was something else in his character that caught my attention. He is a great executor and knows how to delegate authority as he always leaves his foundation to someone else to build upon. Had you noticed that?My best to you,Jan
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Post by beausefaless »

Alexander had to back track more than a few times to his cities for some of his Macedonian satraps would become corrupt and was replaced, it's a hard job to be king of most of the known world, but after his death Alexander's idea's and Hellenism lived on for centuries. Julius Caesar and the emperors Tajan and Augustus longed to emulate his exploits it was Augustus who was the first to bestow upon Alexander the title of "The Great", he placed the effigy of the Macedonian upon his signet ring and made the decision to copy his example in the government of his immense empire. He succeeded in a founding a form of policy which ensured a peace that lasted for two centuries after his death , Hail Augustus and Hail King Alexander. Take care Jan.