Interesting 'who killed Alexander?' site.

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

boris
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Interesting 'who killed Alexander?' site.

Post by boris »

I came across this site whilst searching for pictures of the marble statue of Seleucus on Google.com.Quite an entertaining one I thought.http://homepage.ntlworld.com/yvan.cartw ... nder_3.htm
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Interesting 'who killed Alexander?' site.

Post by marcus »

Ah, yes, Mr Phillips himself. The site is based on his book "Death in Babylon", one of the most ridiculous and dangerously inaccurate books I have so far read - on anything, let alone Alexander!Entertaining, yes. Worrying, in case anyone should actually believe any of the rubbish he writes - also yes!All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
stavros

Post by stavros »

respectwhat a load of rubbish, more so propaganda.
boris

Post by boris »

Hehe, I have to agree that it has got the feel of a tabloid newspaper doing history at times!To it's credit however, under it's article on Seleucus they actually have a link for further information on the 'shield bearer' (hysaspist) soldiers that links directly back here to the military section of pothos.org!
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Which is interesting, because in the book he has some extremely strange ideas about the hypaspists, based on his over-fertile imagination - it is in his chapter on Seleucus, where he completely invents Seleucus' entire history prior to his first historical mention in around 326BC!Much as I like the idea that people are making links to Pothos, I would hate for anyone to entertain the slightest belief that Pothos endorses *any* of Phillips' inaccurate fantasies.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
tino

Post by tino »

Not to mention he has Philip's bust under 'Antipatros' playing card...