Alexander by Ian Worthington

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

jan
Strategos (general)

Alexander by Ian Worthington

Post by jan »

I have finally received my copy of Alexander. Ian Worthington turns out to be a history professor at the University of Missouri, teaching what else but Greek History. If there is anyone of you who has read this book or any of his articles I would love to know your opinion of it. It is quite academic.I have read only the intro, and appreciate his list of credits and publisher's advice on footnotes. If any are interested, I may write a review.
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Re: Alexander by Ian Worthington

Post by ruthaki »

I bought it recently, Janet. I've read quite a bit of it as my friend who works in the Uni bookstore 'borrowed' it for me first, then I bought it. I've enjoyed what I read and found it informative and interesting.
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Thanks, Ruth, I agree with you that it is very interesting. He has quite a style that appeals to me. And like you, I have only just begun, but already I am enjoying it. Hope you are having good luck with your book too.
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

Waaa! I'm stuck. If I ever get this next chapter segment done it will be a miracle. Alexander, HELP!
Linda
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Linda »

Ruth What are you stuck on? Can we be of help. :)
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

I am held up at Antipater's funeral games. Just one of those things that writers do: write themselves into a tangle. Possibly a lot of the information I'm using is not forwarding the plot and will just have to be deleted. Aaargh! After all those weeks of research! Oh well, I am so fussy about getting things right! Thanks for your offer of help though.
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Hi Ruth,I hope it becomes a movie too! Thanks for the clue about the music on the nickw post as I hadn't heard it til you.
beauty school dropout

Post by beauty school dropout »

i was a student in one of this guys classes. man you've never seen such an ass.
bsd

Post by bsd »

um i hope that doesnt get misinterpreted